UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Splitting society due to who are willing to take a vaccine or not is a dangerous cliff to be scaling down.

We could of said the exact same thing about a flu shot, however the media never generates panic about that.

Covid isn't going anywhere. It never will.

70% odd of people who get covid will show no symptoms, you just can't stop a virus like that from going about.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I think the correlation with Hitler is the fact he created an ideology that promoted segregation & persecution.

He brainwashed an entire nation of normal people like you and I to hate on the basis that these people were ‘different’

He had a system of identifying these people so they could be effectively mistreated and not have the same human rights as the others.

I don’t think anybody is implying that the unvaccinated are getting sent to the gas chambers.

BUT…the seeds of segregation, persecution and to a certain extent hatred are being sown.

You have to be mindful of history as these things can get out of control very quickly.
What a fantastically articulated concise and thoughtful summary.

I doth my cap (genuinely)

Thank you

·
7,336 Posts
SARS-CoV-2 is 1 virus with 8 known variants.

happy to be corrected if you can provide a valid source...

The point still remains...not believing we can treat 1 virus (with 8 known variants) because we cant treat 200 viruses (with 150 variants each) seems odd (imo).

·
Peace and Love...except In the Gym.
3,484 Posts
I'm not quite sure what is more alarming, the fact that something like this is happening or that we now in live in a world where a reasonable % of the onlooking world seem to think it is acceptable.

"
Hundreds of demonstrators gathered in Vienna on Sunday, ahead of the mandatory nationwide lockdown for the unvaccinated that is set to begin on Monday, and last for 10 days.

Austrian Prime Minister Alexander Schallenberg said the nationwide measures would come into effect at midnight (local time; 23:00 GMT) and apply to unvaccinated people over the age of 12. People without a valid vaccination certificate would only be allowed to leave their homes in exceptional circumstances."

We should all head off to Gibraltar, safe as houses over there if you've been vaccinated...

They have made a thread talking about their Boosters and how excited they are.
Done with this Forum, pathetic.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Wow, that really isn't helpful
Wow, that really isn't helpful
It’s insanity…no factual information whatsoever.

Reinforcing the narrative that if your vaccinated your completely protected and the unvaccinated are a danger to you.

Would you let an unvaccinated family member sit next to you at Christmas dinner….WTF :rolleyes:

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,120 Posts
It’s insanity…no factual information whatsoever.

Reinforcing the narrative that if your vaccinated your completely protected and the unvaccinated are a danger to you.

Would you let an unvaccinated family member sit next to you at Christmas dinner….WTF :rolleyes:
Yup, despite the claims of 'less transmission in vaccinated people' to treat someone who is vaccinated as 'safe to you' whilst treating someone who is unvaccinated as 'a danger to you' is incredibly stupid imo...mostly because thy are assuming the unvaccinated person has no symptoms (otherwise why would you have them around for dinner) so they are further assuming that the unvaccinated person is part of the 'asymptomatic' group...

thats the media though isnt it, put all rational thinking to the side...

I know a family of 4, mum dad and 2 girls (both under 12). Both parents vaccinated both girls not, Youngest got it, then her dad got it (no one can 100% say for sure who from), then the mum caught it (no one can say 100% who from but the older kid didnt get it.

Its a ****ing lottery

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Yup, despite the claims of 'less transmission in vaccinated people' to treat someone who is vaccinated as 'safe to you' whilst treating someone who is unvaccinated as 'a danger to you' is incredibly stupid imo...mostly because thy are assuming the unvaccinated person has no symptoms (otherwise why would you have them around for dinner) so they are further assuming that the unvaccinated person is part of the 'asymptomatic' group...

thats the media though isnt it, put all rational thinking to the side...

I know a family of 4, mum dad and 2 girls (both under 12). Both parents vaccinated both girls not, Youngest got it, then her dad got it (no one can 100% say for sure who from), then the mum caught it (no one can say 100% who from but the older kid didnt get it.

Its a ****ing lottery
The only people I know that have gotten it were vaccinated.

Immediate family & in-laws all got it recently and fully vaccinated.

Some of them were rather vocal about those that decided against the vaccine so it was a bit of a wake up call for them.

Your also at risk type thing...

Again the other household members never caught it even though they were all under the same roof the entire time.

As you say…total lottery !

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Interesting

John Swinney is under pressure to abandon vaccine passports after a study found the double-jabbed are just as likely to pass on Covid-19 as unvaccinated people.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,120 Posts
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, not 1 virus

I'm far from an expert, just posting what I googled
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, not 1 virus

I'm far from an expert, just posting what I googled
again, thanks for the information but i am still at a loss as to why you would quote my post with that.

I didnt say "coronaviruses were one virus"

i said "sars-cov-2 was 1 virus with 8 known strains"

Think one of you is talking about Coronavirus's and the other specifically refering to covid19.
Yes i agree, and given this topic is about 'Covid19' i have no idea (other than not understanding the topic in question or to try and trip someone up) why he has brought up the overall family of 'coronaviruses'.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,120 Posts
The only people I know that have gotten it were vaccinated.

Immediate family & in-laws all got it recently and fully vaccinated.

Some of them were rather vocal about those that decided against the vaccine so it was a bit of a wake up call for them.

Your also at risk type thing...

Again the other household members never caught it even though they were all under the same roof the entire time.

As you say…total lottery !
Its like i said earlier mate, when i learned that vaccinated people still spread it i was literally scratching my head at the stupidity of vaccine passports etc.

I was in Turkey for work in the middle of the pandemic and at the time Turkey was on the red list, I can tell you from first hand experience that the Turks were taking this shit seriously, from what i saw they had better uptake of mask wearing, social distancing and upon entering any shop or shopping mall your temp was scanned and you cleaned your hands, all under the watch of either the store owner or a security guard. They didnt **** about with 'sunflower lanyards' etc, if you didnt abide by the rules you didnt get in, they even went as far as to cut the middle section out of all all the benches along the beach area so folk wouldnt sit together.

From that i took that the reason Turkey was on the red list wasnt due to the amount of cases or spread in turkey it was soley to stop 20k brits going on holiday, getting pissed up, spreading like **** and bring all their infections back to overrun our NHS.

It is a lottery, and that takes us back to what we discussed about getting our kids vaccinated. total lottery, but unlike the lottery the downside isnt that you just dont win any money its that your kid get seriously ill.

tough decisions

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

·
7,336 Posts
again, thanks for the information but i am still at a loss as to why you would quote my post with that.

I didnt say "coronaviruses were one virus"

i said "sars-cov-2 was 1 virus with 8 known strains"

Yes i agree, and given this topic is about 'Covid19' i have no idea (other than not understanding the topic in question or to try and trip someone up) why he has brought up the overall family of 'coronaviruses'.
Coronavirus causes covid 19 so I believe it's relative, hence why I pointed it out. Without Coronavirus there'd be no covid 19

Given new data and studies are being released all the time, even the scientists are still learning. I could be wrong, you could be wrong. God knows

61 - 80 of 114 Posts