UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been on Ashwagandha for the past 3 years as it was touted as a bit of a cure all Adaptogen Supplement. Decided to give it a break in case of tolerance build up & a withdrawal is a real thing with this. Nothing major but a sleepless night after raised heart rate & the jitters.
Trying a mushroom complex capsule form of Reishi, Shiitake, Cordyceps, Lions Mane, Chaga etc for a period as again it gets good reviews. Need to watch a Joe Rogan video about it apparently.

·
Premium Member
6,045 Posts
Been on Korean ginseng and ashwagandha for a while now and I think after the initial benefit it's like the body gets used to it and it no longer feels like you've taken anything.i started on lion's Maine about a week ago at 500mg a day. Apparently it takes a couple of weeks to feel the improvements if there are any

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been on Korean ginseng and ashwagandha for a while now and I think after the initial benefit it's like the body gets used to it and it no longer feels like you've taken anything.i started on lion's Maine about a week ago at 500mg a day. Apparently it takes a couple of weeks to feel the improvements if there are any
Keep us.posted please mate, the one I have started is below
Font Number Rectangle Circle

·
Non Nissan Note Driver
4,148 Posts
Been on Ashwagandha for the past 3 years as it was touted as a bit of a cure all Adaptogen Supplement. Decided to give it a break in case of tolerance build up & a withdrawal is a real thing with this. Nothing major but a sleepless night after raised heart rate & the jitters.
Trying a mushroom complex capsule form of Reishi, Shiitake, Cordyceps, Lions Mane, Chaga etc for a period as again it gets good reviews. Need to watch a Joe Rogan video about it apparently.
3 years is surely a bit long before considering 'tolerance and withdrawal' as a side effect ?

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 years is surely a bit long before considering 'tolerance and withdrawal' as a side effect ?
Didn’t cross my mind mate, thought it was a supplement you could take like a multivitamin forever but saw some research that said it’s best to come off it for a while. Bit surprised to experience the withdrawal as it is a subtle supplement for me with it being a bit difficult to pin point what benefits it offers if that makes sense.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe not replace one thing with another and just have some will power and not rely on things if they give you that type of effect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts