UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
52 Posts
Hey, just over two weeks until my four-day Army Officer selection, so I'm nailing the pushups and keeping running/circuit training up.

I'm about to order some whey protein from MyProtein.co.uk and am interested to know if it is worth ordering anything else while I'm at it. In the past I have used creatine - is it worth ordering this, or anything else?

Anything that gives me more energy for my training or my actual four-day selection would be great - or anything that helps me recover better. The only line I draw is at caffeine style substances. I find (partly due to hyperactive tendancies) they make me shake and later become lethargic.

Thanks!

·
Newbie Trainer
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh - and is the standard whey protein they sell the right/best stuff? Is it worth forking out for a more expensive blend/formula with creatine or the suchlike?

·
Looking Freaky
682 Posts
Hello m8, I've been training for the Navy for the past 12 months, I've been using MP Whey Protein & L-Glutamine, ZMA at night, and alot of glucosamine to stop my joints getting knackered - plus a bucket of vitamins + minerals :)

·
Newbie Trainer
23 Posts
Hi,

Ill be honest with you as someone who has been there done it........come off the supps for this - you wont have access to the stuff on long excersises or on ops so FFS dont start off by kidding yourself now.

What will get you through it is the right attitude and the right level of fitness.

Id have hated to have thought my Boss was flapping because he couldnt decide what supps to take before a deplyment ???? :)

Other than mate - good luck.

·
Newbie Trainer
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice Neil - and your logic certainly makes sense. It's what several soldier friends have expressed too; I'm focusing on attitude and have been training hard - I just like to take extras to assist me where possible.

If I pass I'll be at Sandhurst in January, so aside from keeping my running/circuits up, I'd like to build my back up some more for carrying/lifting as I need to improve on monkey bars etc. therefore I'll be on plenty of supplement and lifting.

When I get there I'll still be on shakes to try and at least maintain muscle mass, but I'm under no illusions as to the fact my weight will drop on operations/whilst in training. The aim is to continue building (whilst keeping functionality) whilst I am able to in the UK.

·
Newbie Trainer
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just ordered:

- 2.5kg x Impact Whey Protein

- 500g x Citrulline Malate

- 270 x Zinc and Magnesium capsules

The citrulline was recommended by a PT I know (who also reminded me of the importance of attitude/training) and it seems to get good reviews for athletics/weights.

ZMA also seems to get good feedback and helps provide good sleep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.