UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone here an architect or know an architect?

I was wondering if anyone knows what one would charge for developing plans for a small barn conversion?

·
i love cabbage...
1,385 Posts
im an architectural technician....same diff...

post a few pics or details and i'll have a better idea. architects have a 'scale of fees' that they have to abide by...depending on the level of service you require. ie. if you just require a sets of plans passed and approved by planners and building control, then that will be less expensive that if you require the architect to put the job out to tender, carry out tender analysis etc, carry out site inspections, write stage payment certificates etc.

im off work today, so i could find out more tomorrow for u if u stick some more info up....or pm me.

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coflex said:
im an architectural technician....same diff...

post a few pics or details and i'll have a better idea. architects have a 'scale of fees' that they have to abide by...depending on the level of service you require. ie. if you just require a sets of plans passed and approved by planners and building control, then that will be less expensive that if you require the architect to put the job out to tender, carry out tender analysis etc, carry out site inspections, write stage payment certificates etc.

im off work today, so i could find out more tomorrow for u if u stick some more info up....or pm me.
Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll get some photos together shortly.

We probably wouldn't need to put the job out for tender because my partner, his dad, myself and a friend will do as much of it as we can. I think primarily we just need the plans drawn up; it's an awkward space and we need professional help in establishing how to best make use of the space and light etc.

Will get pics sorted soon... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.