UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
If you're reading this you're a bellend
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never snored in my life but as soon as I started blasting and cruising I've started permanently snoring. It's driving the wife mad and she's now sleeping in one of the spare rooms.

I've had to order some hannibal looking contraption to see if it will help but otherwise I'm not sure how to solve this.

·
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I snore in general and it drives the wife mad too.

Are you a lot heavier then before you started blast and cruise?
I am heavier but not massively so. Cruising at the moment and on a slow cut so not sure. The snoring started just as I turned 39 so maybe that's when my warranty ran out.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
i was going to ask this! i've put on weight of course since being on cycle but still, only just shy of 14 stone at 6ft so hardly heavy. I have been demoted to the spare room my snoring has got so bad. never snored before this cycle, unless really drunk...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I am heavier but not massively so. Cruising at the moment and on a slow cut so not sure. The snoring started just as I turned 39 so maybe that's when my warranty ran out.
thats not good to hear, i was hoping when i drop to cruise in a couple of weeks it might go!

·
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats not good to hear, i was hoping when i drop to cruise in a couple of weeks it might go!
It's actually got worse since I've started. I was telling the wife to stop making up stuff as I don't snore. Until she recorded me. I sound like a jack hammer. :lol:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
It's actually got worse since I've started. I was telling the wife to stop making up stuff as I don't snore. Until she recorded me. I sound like a jack hammer. :lol:
same, we've had a few barnies about it at home. she was disapearing middle of the night to the spare room and moaning its because of my snoring but i've never snored!

now because the spare room bed is less comfortable thats my room!

·
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
same, we've had a few barnies about it at home. she was disapearing middle of the night to the spare room and moaning its because of my snoring but i've never snored!

now because the spare room bed is less comfortable thats my room!
I use the excuse that the other beds hurt my back so she goes down begrudgingly(not on me at the moment unfortunately).

·
https://www.instagram.com/vinny_uk/
1,759 Posts
I've never snored in my life but as soon as I started blasting and cruising I've started permanently snoring. It's driving the wife mad and she's now sleeping in one of the spare rooms.

I've had to order some hannibal looking contraption to see if it will help but otherwise I'm not sure how to solve this.
Same thing here, Age 25-27, Doesn't matter if I'm 11st or 15st (A bit worse top end)

Went the last 2 years being tested for sleep apnea and nothing has come up.

I ended up buying a ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Cpap machine, and wear it at night. Doesn't stop the snoring but masks the sound enough most the time.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Same thing here, Age 25-27, Doesn't matter if I'm 11st or 15st (A bit worse top end)

I ended up buying a ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Cpap machine, and wear it at night. Doesn't stop the snoring but masks the sound enough most the time.
jesus thats full on! i'd rather sleep in an empty bed and starfish this s**t out of it whilst snoring my head off

·
Gym Addict
1,259 Posts
I had rather sleep in the floor too if the other option is to wear a mask without having sleep apnea. Only thing that helps at least what the wife says is sleeping on the side, if i sleep looking up and specially without a pillow is where it gets worst and for some reason where i feel the best lately lol

·
Monstrous
11,269 Posts
I got to 20+stone with a 20+" inch neck when I was powerlifting and got sleep apnea. I couldn't wear the mask so I decided to cut weight.

I am now 19st at decent BF%, diet is clean, lots of water. What is also important is the gear you are using : does it aromatise and cause water retention. I now use Primo with a touch of Test, Var/Winny and Halo preWO.

I still snore a little but I'm not falling asleep everywhere. Also try one of these:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0044MBO50/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I had rather sleep in the floor too if the other option is to wear a mask without having sleep apnea. Only thing that helps at least what the wife says is sleeping on the side, if i sleep looking up and specially without a pillow is where it gets worst and for some reason where i feel the best lately lol
this makes sense, hurts my shoulders lately to sleep on my side so started sleeping on my back a lot!

I got to 20+stone with a 20+" inch neck when I was powerlifting and got sleep apnea. I couldn't wear the mask so I decided to cut weight.

I am now 19st at decent BF%, diet is clean, lots of water. What is also important is the gear you are using : does it aromatise and cause water retention. I now use Primo with a touch of Test, Var/Winny and Halo preWO.

I still snore a little but I'm not falling asleep everywhere. Also try one of these:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0044MBO50/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
do you think it was water retention, BF or just sheer size that had the biggest impact?

·
Monstrous
11,269 Posts
do you think it was water retention, BF or just sheer size that had the biggest impact?
All of it mate plus age as I am 46yo.

It is not just BF% related as some of the big pro BBers wear CPAPs. Eddie Hall and Brian Shaw wear them too. It was definitely a combo of factors IMO.

·
Newbie Trainer
90 Posts
If you snore and feel tired/fall asleep during the day then get your doctor to send you to a sleep clinic for a sleep study. Sleep apnea is no joke and will not only damage your quality of life it will also shorten your life. Obstructive sleep apnea has been linked with insulin resistance, increased red blood cell count (thick blood), left ventricular hypertrophy, heart attack and stroke. Funnily enough many of these conditions are also caused by AAS use, so when you combine steroid use and sleep apnea your asking for big trouble.

I was diagnosed with chronic obstructive sleep apnea a few years ago. Whilst I wasn't fat I was still 20+ stone of muscle and had a very thick neck, all of which the body finds difficult to cope with during sleep. Doctor said I had one of the worst apnea scores he had ever seen. He also said he's seeing an increased amount of heavily muscled patients with sleep apnea due mainly to the thickness of their necks (weight of neck causes windpipe to collapse when sleeping). CPAP treatment has really changed my life and I feel so much better. I've also noticed I recover far quicker now and I carry a lower level of body fat without even dieting (think I was on the road to insulin resistance before treatment).

·
Newbie Trainer
90 Posts

CPAP isn't really meant to stop snoring but may decrease it a bit. Its main goal is to add air pressure to the throat to maintain an open airway and stop it collapsing in on itself (apnea event).

If you've not been diagnosed with sleep apnea then I'd say its probably a hell of a lot of hassle for no benefit. Their uncomfortable, dries you out unless it has a humidifier built in and even the auto ones need setting up properly to be effective or you'll end up swallowing loads of air which can be very painful or not get enough air to do anything of benefit.

·
https://www.instagram.com/vinny_uk/
1,759 Posts
CPAP isn't really meant to stop snoring but may decrease it a bit. Its main goal is to add air pressure to the throat to maintain an open airway and stop it collapsing in on itself (apnea event).

If you've not been diagnosed with sleep apnea then I'd say its probably a hell of a lot of hassle for no benefit. Their uncomfortable, dries you out unless it has a humidifier built in and even the auto ones need setting up properly to be effective or you'll end up swallowing loads of air which can be very painful or not get enough air to do anything of benefit.
Being Diagnosed is the problem.

Some nights I feel the benefits, some nights I don't. It's got a humidifier built in (always forget to refill it).

I tend to fall asleep normally, and when I hit peak snore mode, the mrs gives me a slove, and then I'll roll over and put the mask on while half asleep, and then fall back sleep quickly.

·
The future depends on what you do today
14,323 Posts
Another late in life snorer here!

Started in my late 30's and never stopped since.

Recently had nasal surgery but that didn't do anything to help it

1 - 20 of 52 Posts