UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
One way ticket to the South Pole 🤠

**** knows pal,suffered with it one summer a while back took some antihistamines and it hasn't returned 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I never had it until I was about 40. Had it terrible for 1 year and it's never returned. No Idea why it never came back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
apart from the usual stuff to manage the symptoms (nose sprays, antihistamines) you can do immunotherapy. they basically give you a small dose of the allergen (e.g. grass pollen) and you get used to it over time (usually years).

problem is its something that youll have to pay for yourself, not even private insurance will cover it. for grass pollen alone you're looking at 1-2k and 1) it might not work 2) likely shes allergic to other pollens as well (e.g. tree, weed etc).

as far as i know they are the only options really, i have hayfever as well and have looked into it a bit

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
I wish someone would find a cure because I’m allergic to everything. When it’s at its worst in June I often shower three times daily. The antihistamines that don’t make you drowsy don’t work and the ones that do mong me out. Fvck knows why I didn’t ever move to the coast because it makes a massive difference and when I’m on holiday is the only time my nose isn’t congested

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
For a second, I read that as yellow fever.

And that would be a firm no. Just has gotten worse as I've gotten older.

·
Newbie Trainer
2,164 Posts
Wasn’t it Wylde, I think, that tried - and found out it was terminal.

sorry thought you said Gayfever

(laughing face emoji)

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
It sucks, doesn't it? Mine came out of nowhere in my early teens. Pollen, dust, freshly cut grass etc would set me off for the day. Also ended up suffering from hayfever induced asthma which landed me in hospital on one occasion.

Then a few years ago it just disappeared. Weird.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
I have hay fever since I was born. I find the only way to wake up without sneezing for hours, is to have full sleep, when I sleep for a complete 8 hours I wake up normally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts