UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed a few bald spots coming in my beard when I trimmed it down short 6 weeks ago. Again ive trimmed it down short to see more sports are developing, 5 in total the size of 1 pence piece each.

has anyone had alopecia before and did you get any treatment via Doctors? Picture below shows one side I have more on the other side and one under the chin that has only appeared within 6 weeks
Clothing Forehead Hair Outerwear Beard

·
Premium Member
3,450 Posts
Minoxidil might work. Your not really supposed to put it on beards but many people do and say it fills there beards out. You can get it cheap enough on eBay but if you want it to be definitely real and not fake buy growgain (I think that’s what its called) in boots expensive but definitely real

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Definitely worth booking to see a dermatologist to see if it is Alopecia. Specifically Barbae. They’ll be able to easily diagnose by taking a sample. There’s plenty of treatment options as well.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I’ve noticed a few bald spots coming in my beard when I trimmed it down short 6 weeks ago. Again ive trimmed it down short to see more sports are developing, 5 in total the size of 1 pence piece each.

has anyone had alopecia before and did you get any treatment via Doctors? Picture below shows one side I have more on the other side and one under the chin that has only appeared within 6 weeks View attachment 211224
I've got a bald spot on the chin which just randomly appeared one day.

Hasn't progressed and from what I've read it will likely fill back in with a year.

In the mean time, I've got to shave daily or it looks retarded lol.

It's an autoimmune reaction. Happened to me during a period I was eating like shit and drinking almost every day.

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a bald spot on the chin which just randomly appeared one day.

Hasn't progressed and from what I've read it will likely fill back in with a year.

In the mean time, I've got to shave daily or it looks retarded lol.

It's an autoimmune reaction. Happened to me during a period I was eating like shit and drinking almost every day.
this could well be if I drink most days and diet is poor however has been like this for years and years and it’s only appeared. I’ll get ringing Dr see if they can do anything and in the mean time try drop out drinking 1-2 days a week

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I remember a mate had it. He went to a Chinese herbal shop and got some lotion and his bears grew back.

Ive just recently had abit of a reaction to a beard dye. It's p1ssed me off cus i can see greys coming through!! Guess we all have different problems lol

·
Premium Member
789 Posts

has anyone had alopecia before and did you get any treatment via Doctors? Picture below shows one side I have more on the other side and one under the chin that has only appeared within 6 weeks View attachment 211224
How is your dental health? I have a mate that got patches on his beard from tooth problem. A tooth infection sometimes causes Alopecia areta makes your beard patchy or balding.

·
Premium Member
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How is your dental health? I have a mate that got patches on his beard from tooth problem. A tooth infection sometimes causes Alopecia areta makes your beard patchy or balding.
interesting, no pain or issues I’m aware of but I am due a checkup. Good point. Thanks

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I remember a mate had it. He went to a Chinese herbal shop and got some lotion and his bears grew back.

Ive just recently had abit of a reaction to a beard dye. It's p1ssed me off cus i can see greys coming through!! Guess we all have different problems lol
Could you find out what that lotion was bt chance?

·
Newbie Trainer
1,740 Posts
I got a patch went to about size of a 50p on my beard, happened about a year ago. I'm almost certain it was related to stress and drug usage as I went through a dark time. I didn't do anything and its barely noticeable now, not as dense as before but not hugely noticable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts