UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up on the symptoms and think i might have one - great news! Have a pain in my lower abdomen when sitting up, and if i cough violently i can also feel pain in the same area. I've had a good feel about (as you do) and i can't feel any lump or anything, but apparently there isn't always one that you can touch there.

Anyone ever been through this before? From what i've read it seems it could be the end of my lifting weights if i have to have corrective surgery - which isn't the sort of news i was looking for!

·
Accepts nothing less than victory
681 Posts
I have one now, hernias come in different shapes and some hurt and some dont. if you suspect it though you may be right get to a doctor have them check it out properly and they will tell you where to go from there.

Not all hernias require surgery it depends how big and weather theabdominal wall heals over it.

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, i think getting a doc appointment is the only option now.

Could really do without this, have only got back into training after having to take almost 2 years out as a result of a badly broken arm!

Grrrr.

·
hmmm
1,430 Posts
had one sorted some years ago,had some type of mesh put in to hold it back..

Biggest downside I had was not being able to have a dump and having to get a suppository to aid the flow:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:.

Should have read the information leaflet and not gone back down stairs because by fcuk did it work quick:whistling: :whistling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts