UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
i love cabbage...
1,385 Posts
ye i saw it. the torture scenes were pretty full on. never saw a film before that stuck that close to the the action.

i dont think that cnut samuel l jackson was the right guy for the lead role.

·
Banned
44,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coflex said:
ye i saw it. the torture scenes were pretty full on. never saw a film before that stuck that close to the the action.

i dont think that cnut samuel l jackson was the right guy for the lead role.
I thought he played it well TBH mate

·
Newbie Trainer
65 Posts
yeh bro i saw that movie amazing they should of lissened to samuel jackson from the begining. but no they wanted to play it safe that women who tried to protect the extremist should feel so guilty. the only thing that i didnt like was that yet another propaganda film to put down muslims but saying that the torture guy hinself was a convert to islam but ''you gotta do what you gotta do''

·
Banned
44,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zak FLEX said:
yeh bro i saw that movie amazing they should of lissened to samuel jackson from the begining. but no they wanted to play it safe that women who tried to protect the extremist should feel so guilty. the only thing that i didnt like was that yet another propaganda film to put down muslims but saying that the torture guy hinself was a convert to islam but ''you gotta do what you gotta do''
Funny you should say that, because that had never crossed my mind up until you mentioned it.

·
i love cabbage...
1,385 Posts
Zak FLEX said:
how is it a propaganda film?

it's a film dealing with current events in the world. extremist muslims are a threat to america...it's current and it's interesting ....you'll be using the 'r' word next :whistling:

·
Newbie Trainer
65 Posts
nope this is no place to throw a the ''R'' word its pointless we are all human so i dont really care.

however its demonstrates propaganda throughout the entirety of the movie. the basic message and moral that i was left with at the end was ''if the enemy is one of your own he is still an enemy regardless of any circumstances i.e the children and wife. So basically exusing and authorising the torture and killings of some innocent muslims (non extremist) as for the stupid extremist they deserve it. just so you know my friend im not trying to start a holy war lol but just sharing my sentiment.

·
i love cabbage...
1,385 Posts
but the whole premise of the film, was that the guy had 3 nuclear bombs ready to explode. the intelligence agency had to make a decision to find out their whereabouts at any cost, to save hundreds of thousands of lives. possibly kill 4-5 to save thousands. a good call if you ask me. the fact the guy was a muslim was completely secondary to the plot. if the film had been made 20yrs ago, it would have been the IRA that it used as the extremist group.

your view is tainted mate. you see propaganda where there is none

·
Newbie Trainer
65 Posts
thats your perspective and you are entitled to it as i said earlier they should of lissened to samuel jackson the whole way through but even that wouldnt of helped as we saw at the end the extremist was set to cause destruction regardles of the killing of family members or even the the killing of him self. infact he was actully twisted enough to use the bombs as bait so clearly he had a plot from the begining. so there for the killing were totally and uterlly pointless.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
just want to add i saw this. It makes you question if torture is ok.. Not sure it's effective though as I was reading tortured people get to the point they say anything just to make you stop

Mars, did you see the extended ending?

·
Looking Freaky
885 Posts
They listened to Samuel L in Pulp Fiction alright :

Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.