UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is return flights to Vancouver from Dublin for £594 for 11 nights in sept. It’s an area my missus has always wanted to go being an outdoor person and the national parks there it seems like it could be a great trip. Hire a car and many air B and B like £60-80 per night and go visit Stanley, baniff, Vancouver, whistler ect go water rafting, cycling, whale watching, snorkelling ect. The temp says around 18 degrees so will be just nice for an activity holiday not too hot.

any advice from those who have visited BC In Canada

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
There is return flights to Vancouver from Dublin for £594 for 11 nights in sept. It’s an area my missus has always wanted to go being an outdoor person and the national parks there it seems like it could be a great trip. Hire a car and many air B and B like £60-80 per night and go visit Stanley, baniff, Vancouver, whistler ect go water rafting, cycling, whale watching, snorkelling ect. The temp says around 18 degrees so will be just nice for an activity holiday not too hot.

any advice from those who have visited BC In Canada
11 nights to do that? 🤣🤣
I went in 2018, spent 8 in Vancouver and 5 in Whistler if I recall rightly.
The weather is generally about the same as here unless you go up the mountains.
I flew with Canada Affair, £300odd quid cattle class, my nephew met me there as he lives out there, he had a card for me to use the sky train, sea bus etc. Plenty of walking to be done, Baden Powell trail, Grouse Grind, follow the rivers through the salmon farms, DownTownEastSide (Hastings Street) to see life of a UKM baller/Bitcoin millionaire, etc, etc. I actually enjoyed riding on the Seabus, it’s something I’d not done before so enjoyed it loads. On the other side from Vancouver on the Seabus is a market of different food stalls. 👍🏽
Sea to Sky bus will get you to Whistler, it was around end of September when I went so no snow obviously, I enjoyed the walks and swimming in the lakes as it was a heatwave when I went.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,323 Posts
I've been on motorcycle tours Tricky. Motorcycle's were made for Canada! BC is great. I have stayed in a hotel in Vancouver and the motorcycle tours started from Whistler. Stayed in a hotel there too. Whistler is a great place, but it is more a skiing resort, though no doubt there will be mountain biking. I did the Rocky Mountains on a motorcycle. I rode through BC and into Alberta to Banff and all the way down to Nelson and back to BC and Whistler, a few times too. Canada is fantastic, I will never forget those holidays. Just go Tricky, there will be no regrets. I just did the motorcycle riding, but there is lots to do as you have mentioned, one trip some on the motorcycle tour did was getting on a large tyre inner tube and floating down this river with your cans of beer. There are hot springs too. I'm not much help really as the motorcycle tour was all in, hotels the lot, so cost and all that I'm not clued up. What was getting more popular was the motorhomes as there are many sites that accommodate them. Roads are near empty too, or they were. Wasn't going to post as I have not tried the amenities around Canada, but did because the place is 👌💯

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11 nights to do that? 🤣🤣
I went in 2018, spent 8 in Vancouver and 5 in Whistler if I recall rightly.
The weather is generally about the same as here unless you go up the mountains.
I flew with Canada Affair, £300odd quid cattle class, my nephew met me there as he lives out there, he had a card for me to use the sky train, sea bus etc. Plenty of walking to be done, Baden Powell trail, Grouse Grind, follow the rivers through the salmon farms, DownTownEastSide (Hastings Street) to see life of a UKM baller/Bitcoin millionaire, etc, etc. I actually enjoyed riding on the Seabus, it’s something I’d not done before so enjoyed it loads. On the other side from Vancouver on the Seabus is a market of different food stalls. 👍🏽
Sea to Sky bus will get you to Whistler, it was around end of September when I went so no snow obviously, I enjoyed the walks and swimming in the lakes as it was a heatwave when I went.
I don’t mean we could do all that. Those are just places I mean she had mentioned. We would have to sit down and see if needed to hire a car the whole time which is £960 for 11 days or if it’s better to just get one some days to get to places and not actually needed in vancover for a few days?

·
Premium Member
23,366 Posts
I don’t mean we could do all that. Those are just places I mean she had mentioned. We would have to sit down and see if needed to hire a car the whole time which is £960 for 11 days or if it’s better to just get one some days to get to places and not actually needed in vancover for a few days?
I don’t recall seeing much parking in Vancouver and to be honest it’s not a big place although you’ll want a card to use the sky train and local busses.
I’ve made the mistake in the past by trying to visit too much in the time I’ve got which is why I try not to spend too long trying to cover big areas.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t recall seeing much parking in Vancouver and to be honest it’s not a big place although you’ll want a card to use the sky train and local busses.
I’ve made the mistake in the past by trying to visit too much in the time I’ve got which is why I try not to spend too long trying to cover big areas.
Super I’ll look into it all thanks

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
So lovely. One of my favorite places both west (wet) & east (dry) of the mountains. Vancouver is very pleasant. You'll want to move there. The mountains come right to the water. I loved Banff and Lake Louise and the Okanagan Valley. So scenic. The best time to go is July-August for the great weather.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,323 Posts
So lovely. One of my favorite places both west (wet) & east (dry) of the mountains. Vancouver is very pleasant. You'll want to move there. The mountains come right to the water. I loved Banff and Lake Louise and the Okanagan Valley. So scenic. The best time to go is July-August for the great weather.
Been to Lake Louise too on my travels. Agree with what you have said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts