UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Oh, it's the deep burn! Oh, it's so deep!
2,057 Posts
I loved mine before it blew up!

Very easy to make a full meal on a 3 tier steamer, just throw it all in and kick back :)

Aways put your meat on the bottom tier, especially chicken so that the juice etc doesn't drip onto everything below.......

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Interesting Gsedge1, i like my veg tasting of chicken so i'd do the opposite.. you gave me some good inspiration for a new method for cookin! :)

Are there any major health / taste benefits of a steamer anyone's noticed?

·
That's me on the right.
314 Posts
musio said:
Thanks all. Interesting Gsedge1, i like my veg tasting of chicken so i'd do the opposite.. you gave me some good inspiration for a new method for cookin! :)

Are there any major health / taste benefits of a steamer anyone's noticed?
Keeps more of the nutrients & flavour in rather than boiling them out - much better tasting IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BB73 & Gsedge1 - from fact it keeps nutrients in (which we need since veggies these days are pants compared to older days!) i think it shall be a worthwhile investment!

Cheers fellas.

·
+40 and feeling good
2,717 Posts
Wildbill said:
Theyre okay easier to do in a pan tho IMO
Agree, also found the George Foreman grills a waste - took so long to clear up after :cursing: it was quicker just to do it under the grill (put some foil on the tray and any waste goes on the foil and into the bin).

Sorted :)

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
Don't need to buy a fancy steamer... just fill a large pan with water, bring to boil, and place a sieve or collander over the pan (not touching water) with the veg in it and cover with a metal lid... does the job perfectly well :)

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You can buy a 3 tier branded steamer for around £10.

Really easy to use and food does taste better.

Also if cooking a few types of veg then it saves using all the rings on the cooker at once.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.