UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gym Addict
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
up until a month ago I was training hard made good progress, but

had a bad month got very ill and lost 2 stone of fat and lean mass.

so to make it up i've been going twice a day, and have really been enjoying it

im trying to follow a sort of push/pull/legs rotation thing.

anyone else do this?

·
For 5% off at myprotein.co.uk use code MP15618462
1,360 Posts
It would definately not work for me, and I can't see how it could work for anyone unless they had freak genetics +some!

Would be interesting to see if anyone else does though.

·
For 5% off at myprotein.co.uk use code MP15618462
1,360 Posts
djmacka said:
Have done a weights session & then went for a cardio session in the same day.
Yeah everyweek, I don't feel it effects my recovery, in terms of how I feel anyway.

I even go to kickboxing on the same day as a weights session, and feel fine the next day...unless I get battered!

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
I've done three times in a day, but tbh i had nothing else better to do.

Morning was Weights heavy, second sessoin fairly heavy cardio, night time swim and chill.

Only time i will do more than one session in the gym is if i became pro like ronnie colean/cutler, tbh aint going to happen...not willing to take that much gear and spend so much effort to become that just for a title ^^

·
Advanced Personal Trainer & Nutrition Advisor. Boa
3,527 Posts
I actually tried this yesterday but was wasted for the second session

Rather than doing arms and shoulders together I split them

Shoulders morn

Arms eve

But was shot for the second session couldn't get a pump at all

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
SHouldn't think CNS would tolerate two weights sessions in a day for long. FOr a month maybe but then the OT syndrome would kick in. Best way to do this would be light sessions only, no heavies, no neg/forced reps, no failure.

SD

·
Premium Member
16,442 Posts
If i had the time i'd like to do cardio in the morning and weights in the evening.

But seeing as i work a 9 hour day with a 3 hour daily commute and have a life it's just not possible.

G

·
train twice a day monday to friday. boxing(pads, sparring, bag work) in the mornings and weights/circuits evening

·
Getting HUGE!
2,554 Posts
RyanClarke said:
Few people in the gym do, Chest in the morning tris evening.

Biceps morning back evening etc.
they'd get more doing them together and training harder though.

It's something everyone experiements with at some point in their training and soon realises that it doesn't work :)

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
You could do olympic lifts in the morning and weights in the evening?

From what i have read olympic lifts i.e. snatch, clean etc dont take much of a toll on the cns and possibly fire it up ready for the weights session (its not unusual for olympic lifters to train 2-3 times daily!) id guess a 6 hour break minimum for best performance but id only be going by what i read about glycogen synthasis.

Its something id like to try:

O lift morning 5amish - weight lifting 12ish - conditioning/combat sport (boxing etc, cos it be more fun) 6ish or have the combat sport the day after x2 and just have conditioning after the weights, might be better to have the conditioning done before weights though. Obviously the above would be progressively added.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.