UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard rosuvastatin has the best ability to raise HDL and reduce LDL at the same time. Is there any value in adding a statin whilst on cycle to minimise lipid dysfunction?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've heard rosuvastatin has the best ability to raise HDL and reduce LDL at the same time. Is there any value in adding a statin whilst on cycle to minimise lipid dysfunction?
There was a guy on here that used them regularly, HarryN, but he's a bit of a turd

My cholesterol is never great, either on or off cycle, just genetically

I don't use statins but have considered

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I’ve been on statins (prescribed) for years both on and off cycle. Bloods tend to be within range or just out of after a cycle, but never far. Cycles were never huge (500mg test E) but HDL and LDL were still reasonably well controlled.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve been on statins (prescribed) for years both on and off cycle. Bloods tend to be within range or just out of after a cycle, but never far. Cycles were never huge (500mg test E) but HDL and LDL were still reasonably well controlled.
That's good to know, thanks. How soon after stopping a cycle do you get bloods tested?

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Do lot's of research into the side effects of statins,
I was put on 3 different types as I have very high cholesterol, ( genetic) .
And within a month w had so much joint pain in my hands was struggling with work ( part time mechanic), gym ( couldn't grip the bar and even using wraps was struggling to hold my own weight for chin ups). Had to stop rock-climbing as kept falling. And the final straw was struggling to hold on to the handlebars of my R1.
After stopping it took about 3 months for my grip strength to recover.
Known side effects are PERMANENT!! muscle loss and joint damage.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Do lot's of research into the side effects of statins,
I was put on 3 different types as I have very high cholesterol, ( genetic) .
And within a month w had so much joint pain in my hands was struggling with work ( part time mechanic), gym ( couldn't grip the bar and even using wraps was struggling to hold my own weight for chin ups). Had to stop rock-climbing as kept falling. And the final straw was struggling to hold on to the handlebars of my R1.
After stopping it took about 3 months for my grip strength to recover.
Known side effects are PERMANENT!! muscle loss and joint damage.
Yes, this is precisely why I decided not to take them aswell. A lot of guys are quick to pop different drugs, but I think it's best to consider everything first... statins may lower chol levels but they come with a whole swathe of problems of their own

·
Super Moderator
6,694 Posts
statins may lower chol levels but they come with a whole swathe of problems of their own
When I was on them they raised my liver values, hospital was worried and wanted a biopsy, I refused, came off the statins and all returned to normal.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've been on 40mg of Atorvastatin for about 2 years with no apparent side effects that I'm aware of.

Are statins the drug where if you have side effects from one, they might change you to a different brand and you could be fine with that one..?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts