UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
There Is No Finish Line
1,504 Posts
I've tried a few from the docs mate,none of them seemed to work for me. They were lymecycline,doxycycline and oxytetracycline (spelling incorrect on all these probablys lol) They may work for you but your GP will try one then another until you get one that works.... :thumb:

·
Newbie Trainer
38 Posts
As above minocycline, doxycycline, erythomicen......all available from on-line pharmacies for pennies and will do the job or possibly broad spectrum anti biotics such as amoxicillin

Or for more serious acne rocutane and acutane. Unlikely any doc will prescribe these to you for acne as its a last ditch attempt for serious acne after everything else has been tried.

·
Gym Addict
366 Posts
I'm going to make an appointment to see my GP about bacne soon, and I'm not sure whether to go the antibiotics route or to arrange to see a dermatologist to get roaccutane.

I like the idea of roaccutane (maybe) permanently clearing the problem up. With antibiotics, the best people seem to get is a few months of clear skin, and eventually build resistance to the drugs. Has anyone one had experience of using antibiotics like those mentioned above? Is it even worth just self-medicating? I'm looking for a long term solution...

·
Gym Addict
366 Posts
Rossy Balboa said:
I've tried a few from the docs mate,none of them seemed to work for me. They were lymecycline,doxycycline and oxytetracycline (spelling incorrect on all these probablys lol) They may work for you but your GP will try one then another until you get one that works.... :thumb:
What did you do when none of them worked?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.