UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
10241 - 10260 of 10264 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
One blood donation, which is half liter, will usually drop hematocrit by 2-3%, or in your case 0.02-0.03. It will likely take 2 more donations to drop your hematocrit into a more reasonable range where symptoms will go away as i stated before, because your hematocrit was extremely high.

There is a special kind of donation called "double red" or "packed red blood cells" where they take twice the amount of blood cells, but they pump the fluid portion back into you. This would drop you back into range immediately, but it can drain your iron stores very fast.

Were you well hydrated when you drew blood in the labs you showed me with the high hematocrit? Being dehydrated will make the hematocrit appear higher than it actually is.
Thanks for getting back to me @ElChapo. I had drunk some water but did the blood test first thing in the morning around 07:00 so def could of been more hydrated. I’m honestly not sure it’s a headache actually due to haematocrit, I’m prone to sinus issues. Hoping it’s not anyway. Ive also dropped down to a trt dose now, not sure if that will help at all.
Cheers again

·
Newbie Trainer
503 Posts
Hi @ElChapo ,
I know you advise raloxifene for gyno reduction. Could I use toremifene in it's place? Or is raloxifene better/less harsh? If so what sort of dosage would you recommend?

Thanks buddy

·
Endocrine Research
5,245 Posts
it gets from 12/6 to 14/8 on only 20mg tbol.
When I was using 50-75mg 2 years ago, I was at 16/9 and decided to stop because of that.
I would not be concerned about 140/80 mmhg. Only an issue if you stay there for a very long time

·
Endocrine Research
5,245 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me @ElChapo. I had drunk some water but did the blood test first thing in the morning around 07:00 so def could of been more hydrated. I’m honestly not sure it’s a headache actually due to haematocrit, I’m prone to sinus issues. Hoping it’s not anyway. Ive also dropped down to a trt dose now, not sure if that will help at all.
Cheers again
Red blood cells have a turnover rate on average of 10-12 weeks, so that's how long it might take for it to drop on its own once you lower your dose. If i read your HCT correctly, it was 58% which will definitely be able to cause headaches and may increase risk of stroke/heart attack.

You want to make sure you drink a lot of water all day the day before and day of your blood draw, urine should be light yellow or clear when you are well hydrated.

·
Endocrine Research
5,245 Posts
Hi @ElChapo ,
I know you advise raloxifene for gyno reduction. Could I use toremifene in it's place? Or is raloxifene better/less harsh? If so what sort of dosage would you recommend?

Thanks buddy
I don't know that it will work.

Ralox and nolvadex are proven clinically to reverse gynecomastia. If you can't source ralox, nolva works just as well most of the time. It can take 8-12 weeks of consistent use to see maximum results but it works even for old pubertal gyno.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello ElChapo,

I have a few questions about gene expression and hormones. I've read about 300+ pages of this AMA so far, so apologies if I'm asking questions you may have answered.

You mentioned that Testosterone begins gene expression after 26 weeks or so. Does the ester affect when the expression will take place? Will test base have it occur earlier?

Along the same lines, are all the different AAS analogues the same? Do they all take the same time period before beginning gene expression? Do all AAS perform gene expression, for example, m-tren or halotestin? If it takes 26 weeks or so like test, how would you make it safe to get these hormones to perform gene expression?

Apologies if I am not understanding how this all works. I have been fascinated by it since reading about you mention the process.

·
Newbie Trainer
503 Posts
I don't know that it will work.

Ralox and nolvadex are proven clinically to reverse gynecomastia. If you can't source ralox, nolva works just as well most of the time. It can take 8-12 weeks of consistent use to see maximum results but it works even for old pubertal gyno.
Thank you Elchapo, is 60mg of raloxifene daily the protocol?

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Hi @ElChapo, I would like to ask you about intermittent fasting. Do you think it provides any extra health benefits than the normal calorie restriction? do you think maybe all the claimed benefits came from the lost weight not from fasting itself? or abstaining from food for a long time does indeed improve our health even when calorie intake match at the end of the week?

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
@ElChapo I'm training for strength/explosivity type of trainings.
Creatine works really really well for that BUT it increase my anxiety so bad unfortunately and make me irritable/in a bad mood so everytime I need to stop early.

Orals steroids make me feel like shit and are not healthy.
I'm on 200mg test P right now, and thinking of upping it to 400mg for 12 weeks (for my strength goals).

Would increasing my test from 200 to 400mg help much in term of training ?
My diet will be a slow lean bulk , starting in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Hi @ElChapo I'm currently running 300mg test e on lean bulk, I'm splitting the dose 0.5ml Sunday 0.5ml Wednesday. I'm starting to get high e2 sides. If I was to add in adex at 0.25mg when would be the best time to implement it? Shall I split it 0.25 in half again and use a tiny bit after each jab or use the 0.25 after one of the jabs?

I only need 0.5mg adex on 600 test that's how I figured 0.25mg on 300 test, just confused when to implement it when jabbing twice a week, as I normally jab once a week. I'm trying the twice a week at the moment though so unsure when to dose ai correcrly

Thanks!

·
Endocrine Research
5,245 Posts
Hello ElChapo,

I have a few questions about gene expression and hormones. I've read about 300+ pages of this AMA so far, so apologies if I'm asking questions you may have answered.

You mentioned that Testosterone begins gene expression after 26 weeks or so. Does the ester affect when the expression will take place? Will test base have it occur earlier?

Along the same lines, are all the different AAS analogues the same? Do they all take the same time period before beginning gene expression? Do all AAS perform gene expression, for example, m-tren or halotestin? If it takes 26 weeks or so like test, how would you make it safe to get these hormones to perform gene expression?

Apologies if I am not understanding how this all works. I have been fascinated by it since reading about you mention the process.
Gene expression doesnt happen just happen at 26 weeks, but its effect for certain physiological changes can take that long (like bone density changes). We see gene expression as soon as 3-4 weeks manifest in physical changes in the body.

Short esters tend to activate gene expression faster. Its almost certain that different AAS have different timings.

Dont worry about gene expression, etc, though, focus on progressive overload (increase reps or weight as often as possible without sacrificing form) proper nutrition (calories/protein) and rest/recovery and you will get the results you are looking for.

You do not need +26 weeks on to get results.

·
Endocrine Research
5,245 Posts
Hi @ElChapo, I would like to ask you about intermittent fasting. Do you think it provides any extra health benefits than the normal calorie restriction? do you think maybe all the claimed benefits came from the lost weight not from fasting itself? or abstaining from food for a long time does indeed improve our health even when calorie intake match at the end of the week?
1. Yes, it is very likely there are health benefits like improving insulin and leptin sensitivity.

2. No, IF does not magically lead to fat loss. You still need a deficit. There are some theories that fasted training may help you mobilize stubborn fat more easily thanks to increase in catecholamines with fasted training (adrenaline/noradrenaline) which would have a similar effect to take clenbuterol/Ephedra.

3. I believe the health benefit is there even in a caloric maintenance or surplus.

Personally, i find IF more convenient. I have more energy and focus in the mornings while fasted for work/productivity, it also lets me enjoy bigger and tastier meals and improves appetite control. I have been doing IF for about 10 years, way before it was popular or known in the mainstream, so i have a lot of experience with it.

·
Endocrine Research
5,245 Posts
@ElChapo I'm training for strength/explosivity type of trainings.
Creatine works really really well for that BUT it increase my anxiety so bad unfortunately and make me irritable/in a bad mood so everytime I need to stop early.

Orals steroids make me feel like shit and are not healthy.
I'm on 200mg test P right now, and thinking of upping it to 400mg for 12 weeks (for my strength goals).

Would increasing my test from 200 to 400mg help much in term of training ?
My diet will be a slow lean bulk , starting in 2 weeks.
I believe you would see a benefit in that kind of training by using 400 mg, as long as nutrition and recovery are locked in and you are doing progressive overload.

·
Endocrine Research
5,245 Posts
Hi @ElChapo I'm currently running 300mg test e on lean bulk, I'm splitting the dose 0.5ml Sunday 0.5ml Wednesday. I'm starting to get high e2 sides. If I was to add in adex at 0.25mg when would be the best time to implement it? Shall I split it 0.25 in half again and use a tiny bit after each jab or use the 0.25 after one of the jabs?

I only need 0.5mg adex on 600 test that's how I figured 0.25mg on 300 test, just confused when to implement it when jabbing twice a week, as I normally jab once a week. I'm trying the twice a week at the moment though so unsure when to dose ai correcrly

Thanks!
That's how i would do it myself. (split tab and take with injections twice weekly). Once weekly also works though.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
What is your opinion about using HCG with TRT?
Do people who use HCG have higher chance to conceive in the future than people who just used it when they decided to conceive?

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
@ElChapo
Does taking high dose of Zinc dangerous ?
I'm taking 4x 50mg pills , 1 each 6 hours , I have no side effects and I do take this to counteract the high prolactin from SSRI.
I used to take P-5-P but it does increase my progesterone levels (E2 sensitivity in nipples-> worse gyno symptoms).

Zinc seems to help , but I know it's quite a high dose and maybe it could cause some problems later on

·
Endocrine Research
5,245 Posts
What is your opinion about using HCG with TRT?
Do people who use HCG have higher chance to conceive in the future than people who just used it when they decided to conceive?
In theory yes. If you care about fertility, HCG may be a good idea. Some think that there is some benefit to libido and wellbeing, but other people get side effects from HCG. Trial and error.

10241 - 10260 of 10264 Posts