UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could advise if you think I am gaining enough.

Here are some details-

I am 4 weeks into a 10 week course of Test e (2x250mg per week) and eating 3000cal per day which is split 40 40 20 in 7 or 8 meals(1.8-2.0 g protien per lb). Each meal is inputted into a online database which I monitor and adjust each meal accordingly.

I'm 5' 7" and now weigh 179lb, in the four weeks I have put on 7lb, body fat has remained the same.

I train hard 5 times a week for an hour, when I leave the gym I'm at the point where I couldnt do any more. (all free weights and no cardio).

What do you think? Should I eat more?

Thanks in advance.

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
7lb over 4 weeks without your bf going up is very good mate to be honest especially if you are not holding much more water.

Its all personal preference are you happy with the weight you have put on. You could increase your cals and out on more weight but your bf may go up.

If it were me i would up them to 3500 for the next 3 weeks and see how that goes if you still are not putting to much bf then id take the cals to 4000 for the last 3 weeks. you want to get as much muscle as possible from this 10 week course so dont limit it.

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply hilly,

Its good to hear that you think its a reasonable gain.

But you are right I do want to get as much as possible out of the 10 weeks so a raise to 3500 seems a good choice.

Thanks.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
Dont forget that the text doesnt normally kick in fully till week 5 or 6. This is what i find anyway. So i take d bol for the first 5 weeks to get the cycle going.

Have a look at your size and weight again in weeks 7 and 8 and i bet you notice the difference then!

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice willsey, I have been taking d bol at 10mg 3 times daily, but only got enough for 4 weeks! So Im in a bit of a lul at the moment.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
ukgate said:
Thanks for the advice willsey, I have been taking d bol at 10mg 3 times daily, but only got enough for 4 weeks! So Im in a bit of a lul at the moment.
I took 45mg a day for 5 weeks. However with D Bol you will put on a lot of water. After 5 weeks when I stopped the D Bol. My weigth remained the same as the test kicked in. At first it was dissapointing to not see my weight go up. However thinking about it this was a good thing as I would of dropped a lot of water loosing weight but then if i stayed the same weight this means that i was putting on lean muscle. My definition at this point also showed through a lot more.

Dont be so concerned about the numbers on the scales. Try going by your look aswell. I know this is not easy but I know what this is like as I relied too much on the numbers on the scales.

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again for the advice willsey.

Your right weight is probably not the best indicator.

I did also take measurements, which have increased quite nicely over the weeks.

Its hard to notice the difference day to day myself in the mirror, but there is a definate improvement in definition which is also encouraging!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts