UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
mmm scones
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant stand casein shakes. I have tried a few and in various ways but they make me gag. I always end up using it up in my porrige in the mornings.

So at night I tend to have cottage cheese. If I haven't got that in I have a couple of slices of peanut butter on toast with a glass of milk (this any good?)

What other alternatives are there out there for slow release nght time protein?

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
Jalapa said:
quark, nice. Thought it was a typo until I googled it. Wonder if they sell it at the spar.
Make sure it's in a round pot. Tesco sells some brand in a square pot and it's vile sour stuff.

Morrisons on the other hand it lovely stuff, just the right texture and low in fat great stuff.

Could try soy protein and a bit of pb to slow things down, i have it unflavoured and don't mind it at all. You being an ex veggie should be used to the taste anyway.

·
Kadampa.org
2,914 Posts
Jalapa said:
So at night I tend to have cottage cheese. If I haven't got that in I have a couple of slices of peanut butter on toast with a glass of milk (this any good?)
That sound good to me but I wouldn't have the bread or the milk before bed, just cottage cheese or peanut butter

quark cheese is to expensive for me

·
Newbie Trainer
16 Posts
i just add up some cottage cheese with whey shake sometimes..

and if i am dieting for a show and cutting out lactose... then i throw in few fish oil caps along with whey shake. Fish oil along with any protein completely slows down the absorption.

logic - fat slows down food absorption and keeps insulin spike in complete check. Tat too if it is essential fat then its all healthy too...

·
Gym Addict
152 Posts
Dazzza said:
Make sure it's in a round pot. Tesco sells some brand in a square pot and it's vile sour stuff.

Morrisons on the other hand it lovely stuff, just the right texture and low in fat great stuff.

Could try soy protein and a bit of pb to slow things down, i have it unflavoured and don't mind it at all. You being an ex veggie should be used to the taste anyway.
What do you have the quark with?

·
ALPHABIX for breakfast every day.
3,746 Posts
I just slam 2 eggs and a small dollop of peanut butter in my bedtime shake, also have it with milk rather than water. The fat should ensure a decent release.

Need to get smooth peanut butter rather than crunchy though or you get loads of bits of nuts at the bottom of your shake haha

·
EFBB Winner
4,431 Posts
akalatengo said:
That sound good to me but I wouldn't have the bread or the milk before bed, just cottage cheese or peanut butter

quark cheese is to expensive for me
70p a tub? Less than £2.50 a week at half a tub a day. Mix it with flavoured whey and jobs a good un!

Quark goes very well in cheesecakes for all those who want a nice healthy dessert for the weekends.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.