UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All Im Getting Is a Fat Gut!!!!!

Hi guys n gals,

I'm lookin in the mirror tonight to see if I can notice any gains over the last 10 weeks. I'm doing basic compound movements and using a bulking diet. (See below for an example of)

Problem is I can see the worlds tiniest gains to shoulders etc but my gut is starting to look like the early stages of pregnancy on a bloke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try really hard with my training, and stick to my diet NEVER adding junk. Whats the point when all i can mainly see happening is this pot belly which is making a small tyre over my hips and around my lower back. It wasnt there before or if it was it wasnt as noticble as now.

I fully accept that the will be some body fat gain with a bulking routine but come on i expect some other gains aswell!

I have seen other posts on here where people look muscular and a little podgy before cutting but at least they are in proportion. My chicken chest with pot belly look is getting on my nerves.......I do exactly as everyone tells me but it just seems to work for mostly everyone except me......F***in gut ! Tell me if Im wrong but I thought cutting out junk food and weight training doesnt equal a fat stomach???

Here is an example of my diet/routine .....tell me your thoughts!

7:30 porridge/oat cereal. 1 egg. Shot of whey protein 17.5g

10:30 Protoplex MRP. 2 slices wholemeal toast

12:30 Pasta tuna/chicken/steak and salad, or fish cakes with tuna and sweet potato. + 2 slices wholemeal bread

3:30 chicken pieces/ diced steak/ sliced baked potato (seasoned)

7:00 Dinner with meat, carbs, and veg

8:30 workout- (not on a rest day)

10:00 PWO protein shot 17.5g, MRP shake, 2 slices wholemeal toast.

11:00 Bed

3:00am Protein shot 17.5g

AND ROUTINE.................with a day off in between workout days where i only do stomach crunches.

Day 1

Military press 35kg 5 sets of 6/8 reps

Chin ups 30kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

bench press 40kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Day 2

Triceps rows 7.5kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Two arm curls 30kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Deadlift 56kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Day 3

Incline bench 35kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Bent over row 35kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Ham strings 12.5kg 5 sets 10 reps

Calves 12.5kg 5 sets 10 reps

G

·
patience mate, 10 weeks aint much, add some hiit training for the fat, also good for circulation, your heart will love you :D

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am led to believe that while i am trying to bulk out that cardio will a) make me burn off my muscle before any fat and B) will reduce my necessary calorie count????

Im new to this so when people say something I'm listening.....so no cardio at all.....is that wrong then? does it make a difference that I'm small trying to bulk up and not fat and try to lose weight and gain muscle?

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm 5 foot 7 and weigh 66kg at mo....i've done weights on and off for years but no where near as hardcore as now........I just wanna look like some of you guys on here, or even 50% of where you are.......im sick of that tw** in the mirror

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
jamjam84 said:
All Im Getting Is a Fat Gut!!!!!

Hi guys n gals,

I'm lookin in the mirror tonight to see if I can notice any gains over the last 10 weeks. I'm doing basic compound movements and using a bulking diet. (See below for an example of)

Problem is I can see the worlds tiniest gains to shoulders etc but my gut is starting to look like the early stages of pregnancy on a bloke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try really hard with my training, and stick to my diet NEVER adding junk. Whats the point when all i can mainly see happening is this pot belly which is making a small tyre over my hips and around my lower back. It wasnt there before or if it was it wasnt as noticble as now.

I fully accept that the will be some body fat gain with a bulking routine but come on i expect some other gains aswell!

I have seen other posts on here where people look muscular and a little podgy before cutting but at least they are in proportion. My chicken chest with pot belly look is getting on my nerves.......I do exactly as everyone tells me but it just seems to work for mostly everyone except me......F***in gut ! Tell me if Im wrong but I thought cutting out junk food and weight training doesnt equal a fat stomach???

Here is an example of my diet/routine .....tell me your thoughts!

7:30 porridge/oat cereal. 1 egg. Shot of whey protein 17.5g

10:30 Protoplex MRP. 2 slices wholemeal toast

12:30 Pasta tuna/chicken/steak and salad, or fish cakes with tuna and sweet potato. + 2 slices wholemeal bread

3:30 chicken pieces/ diced steak/ sliced baked potato (seasoned)

7:00 Dinner with meat, carbs, and veg

8:30 workout- (not on a rest day)

10:00 PWO protein shot 17.5g, MRP shake, 2 slices wholemeal toast.

11:00 Bed

3:00am Protein shot 17.5g

AND ROUTINE.................with a day off in between workout days where i only do stomach crunches.

Day 1

Military press 35kg 5 sets of 6/8 reps

Chin ups 30kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

bench press 40kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Day 2

Triceps rows 7.5kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Two arm curls 30kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Deadlift 56kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Day 3

Incline bench 35kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Bent over row 35kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Ham strings 12.5kg 5 sets 10 reps

Calves 12.5kg 5 sets 10 reps
Cut out the late night carbs, just have a couple of bananas with pwo, bit late to be drinking and eating at 10pm, can you change it? Your routines can't take that long so train earlier in the evening?

No squats, arms before dls? wouldn't do arms yet, training some body parts 2 out of 3 days, no time to recuparate, not enough compound exercises, I've only browsed over it and come up with this so suspect not enough thought has gone into it, I know some think you can do full body eod but i'm not a big believer in this principle, I first started with 5 day split and made hugh gains for at least 2 years, Back-Chest-dayoff-shoulders-legs-arms-day off. Eat Loads and lift heavy weights, can't fail. Oh and give it a bit of time mate

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my job means thats the only time i have to train im afraid so I have to do the best with what I have. Im cutting out the isolation stuff now and just doing compund but it feels like only half a workout.

IM REALLY SORRY but I missed out squats on my thread but I deffo do squats once weekly. I know I need more time but seeing that GUT getting bigger than everything else is worrying me BIG time......

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can I just say my routine and diet is basically built around advice I have recvd from several people on here......thing is one says dont do this dont do that........too much lifting, not enough, dont do isolation, do some isolation, do cardio, dont do cardio, eat this dont eat that..............Im at my whits end cos each time I think im sorted i get more confusion :-(

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL I was told to do it by someone on here as well...............where else would i get the idea from?! Someone told me to have the bleedin bread as well....i dont think i have ever even bought wholemeal bread before............

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm genuinely upset about it and fell like startin over..............but doing what ...........cos i just dunno..........all is I know is that I have me, a bench, and some weights........

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.