UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys n gals,

I'm lookin in the mirror tonight to see if I can notice any gains over the last 10 weeks. I'm doing basic compound movements and using a bulking diet. (See below for an example of)

Problem is I can see the worlds tiniest gains to shoulders etc but my gut is starting to look like the early stages of pregnancy on a bloke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try really hard with my training, and stick to my diet NEVER adding junk. Whats the point when all i can mainly see happening is this pot belly which is making a small tyre over my hips and around my lower back. It wasnt there before or if it was it wasnt as noticble as now.

I fully accept that the will be some body fat gain with a bulking routine but come on i expect some other gains aswell!

I have seen other posts on here where people look muscular and a little podgy before cutting but at least they are in proportion. My chicken chest with pot belly look is getting on my nerves.......I do exactly as everyone tells me but it just seems to work for mostly everyone except me......F***in gut ! Tell me if Im wrong but I thought cutting out junk food and weight training doesnt equal a fat stomach???

Here is an example of my diet/routine .....tell me your thoughts!

7:30 porridge/oat cereal. 1 egg. Shot of whey protein 17.5g

10:30 Protoplex MRP. 2 slices wholemeal toast

12:30 Pasta tuna/chicken/steak and salad, or fish cakes with tuna and sweet potato. + 2 slices wholemeal bread

3:30 chicken pieces/ diced steak/ sliced baked potato (seasoned)

7:00 Dinner with meat, carbs, and veg

8:30 workout- (not on a rest day)

10:00 PWO protein shot 17.5g, MRP shake, 2 slices wholemeal toast.

11:00 Bed

3:00am Protein shot 17.5g

AND ROUTINE.................with a day off in between workout days where i only do stomach crunches.

Day 1

Military press 35kg 5 sets of 6/8 reps

Chin ups 30kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

bench press 40kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Day 2

Triceps rows 7.5kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Two arm curls 30kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Deadlift 56kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Day 3

Incline bench 35kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Bent over row 35kg 5 sets 8/10 reps

Ham strings 12.5kg 5 sets 10 reps

Calves 12.5kg 5 sets 10 reps

SO WHATS GOING WRONG HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
diet isnt great and your training includes no squats ?!?!?

I would stick to something more tried and tested, doo you know much about nutrition? I dont see the point in one egg ??? or 2 pieces of toast before bed >?

Read the stickies imo mate you will learn alot

G

·
Is your not happy with your weight gain and adding fat then you need to reduce your cals a bit. (i havnt looked at it to in depth but) It looks high carb heavy. also, why wake up at 3am for 17g of protein? you'd be better off staying asleep IMO, cortisol is the enemy.

Edit, re training

Try this instead, alternate A&B

A

Squats

Military press

SLDL

Chin

B

Deads

Bench

Row

Lunges

If you want to add in some curls at the end it wont hurt, but do the 4 big lifts first.

·
Gym Addict
479 Posts
I know it's been said already but why no SQUATS???!! No quad work of any kind that I noticed??!

I didnt squat for a long time because of knee issues but now I can I would never ever stop doing them as long as my knees will let me!

They make a big difference to the rest of your body

·
578 Posts
well cant be that bad coz its been over a week and you havent replied, an impressive waste of everyones time :D

·
Gym Addict
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I've been busy. I do squats I just missed it off the list sorry.......first thing anyone said to me on here was do squats...so i have been ..........they kill me but I love em

·
578 Posts
Have you read the stickes then ?

Your routine looks all over the place, you arent training muscle groups really.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
For a 3 day a week routine this is what I would personally do and prob on Mon, wed and Fri:

Day 1:

Barbell bench press

Incline dumbell press

Dumbell flies

Deadlifts

Barbell rows

Chins

Close grip row

Day 2:

Squats

Leg press

Leg extensions