UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Which is the wrong reason to drink my friend. You're mentally tough enough to train so be equally strong and quit, it honestly isn't for you at all. Good luck
I'll beat this addiction sooner or later, if my liver doesn't explode first :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
It seems almost a paradox yet imo there are many borderline cases. There's me being all self-righteous abot AAS yet I personally down three pints of Stella, Heineken or Miguel per night: It certainly puts me well over double the so-called recommended amount. Are you guys as equally guilty as this silly old tart? And do you mix such a consumption with steroids?...
I'm suprised at you @imtoosexy - drinking's an unhealthy vice, not something that should be part of the bodybuilder lifestyle. I haven't drunk alcohol since my honeymoon back in 2000, and i don't intend to again. Besides, it's not safe when mixed with the ghb i use most evenings (and weed). I think alcohol would just cause me vomit up the kit kats and crisps i always have after a ghb / weed binge. You need to pack the booze in mr imtoosexy.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Nothing wrong with a drink now and then, lifes about having fun in moderation, the candle that burns twice as bright may only last half as long but way better than being a dull candle lasting forever lol
You should change your username to "Guru" Bro ;):)(y)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm suprised at you @imtoosexy - drinking's an unhealthy vice, not something that should be part of the bodybuilder lifestyle. I haven't drunk alcohol since my honeymoon back in 2000, and i don't intend to again. Besides, it's not safe when mixed with the ghb i use most evenings (and weed). I think alcohol would just cause me vomit up the kit kats and crisps i always have after a ghb / weed binge. You need to pack the booze in mr imtoosexy.
You have the weed to give the same effect though....😉

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
You have the weed to give the same effect though....😉
I was going to raise this point when I saw the comment but I didn't want to get into a discussion about recreational drugs/weed.

Everyone's got a vice and a way of escaping reality....and they're all damaging in their own ways.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was going to raise this point when I saw the comment but I didn't want to get into a discussion about recreational drugs/weed.

Everyone's got a vice and a way of escaping reality....and they're all damaging in their own ways.
Exactly.

With Booze at least I can keep other areas of my life in check, can stay in shape and keep training even if its not optimal.

I tried switching to weed as my vice and I got fat as shit from the munchies, just couldn't control it so had to knock it on the head

·
its an unlicensed boxing match tommy, not a tickli
5,943 Posts
Had a pint last September and before that it was Christmas 2019. My anxiety would be a lot better if I did drink but that would be replacing one issue with another

·
Premium Member
6,414 Posts
It seems almost a paradox yet imo there are many borderline cases. There's me being all self-righteous abot AAS yet I personally down three pints of Stella, Heineken or Miguel per night: It certainly puts me well over double the so-called recommended amount. Are you guys as equally guilty as this silly old tart? And do you mix such a consumption with steroids?...
it well documented on here over the years unfortunately but if I could get town to 3 pints I would be very happy. I’m about to sleep now as I’ve work in 7 hours and I’ve had 7 Stella tonight which is one more than normal. Just the standard 500ml cans. There are days sometimes I’ll have 4 equally days with no work the following day I’ll have 12-16 cans.
Thankfully I work nights the odd time which gives my liver a break.

·
Premium Member
6,414 Posts
I can tell you being an alcoholic and lifting weights don’t go together. Your lifts will go crashing down and will be impossible to get those numbers back up and when you train you always get an injury because your body is so inflamed. Unless you stop drinking altogether
Curious what you mean go crashing down? Compared to what? Being sober with say a PM then drinking 5-6 days a week for a year you think lifts will go crashing down? I’m not saying drinking is the road to success. Certainly not but for some of us it’s part of life. That said I work full time and workout and I can tell you some lifts have had 57.5kg on the total 1rm the last year that’s with drinking 5/6 days a week min of 4 beer a day.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts