UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems almost a paradox yet imo there are many borderline cases. There's me being all self-righteous abot AAS yet I personally down three pints of Stella, Heineken or Miguel per night: It certainly puts me well over double the so-called recommended amount. Are you guys as equally guilty as this silly old tart? And do you mix such a consumption with steroids?...

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I only really drink at the weekend, usually beer or wine with saturday and sunday dinner.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Was never a big drinker. Might have a couple of sociable points a few times a year and the occasional saturday night me and the missus might share a bottle of wine. That's about it! Would happily live the rest of my life without tasting another drop but that's just me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Steady on Flacky... 😋

I was a beer ace once, and not to long ago. When going to a gym I did restrict it but when I had an enforced break I got to love the beer. Thankfully it wasn't for long. The more you drink the more your resistance builds up! What made me give it up was - I had 7 cans of San Miguel one evening, got a taxi to a hotel and had 2 pints of Stella, then up town to 3am drinking 4 5% bottle lagers, then went to 24 hour Tesco got a beer and sandwich (I always had food), then met drinking friends at Tesco (crowds go at 3am to continue drinking) for all night party where I had another 4 cans strong lager. Next day, they said we are going to the pub are you coming? Off I went at 10:30am, I ended up drinking strong lagers all day until 11pm. Thing is I did it easy, not proud, can remember the whole two days too! No hangover. Again I used to nip off and get something to eat regularly though. Always have your food! My GP thought I was alcoholic prior to this event, I laughed at him and said I can give it up tomorrow.. 😂 I stopped after the above with no withdrawals or anything. I don't think you can be an alco on beer, could be wrong. Northerners are known for this though, there are loads that can drink like the above...

·
Non Nissan Note Driver
3,465 Posts
It seems almost a paradox yet imo there are many borderline cases. There's me being all self-righteous abot AAS yet I personally down three pints of Stella, Heineken or Miguel per night: It certainly puts me well over double the so-called recommended amount. Are you guys as equally guilty as this silly old tart? And do you mix such a consumption with steroids?...
Drink wine most nights! And yes mix.

·
Premium Member
12,714 Posts
I’m a right pisshead. Prior to covid I rarely drank having packed up major binge drinking years ago. Then the gyms shut and I couldn’t play sport. Since then I’ve been right back on it. I could only manage 4 pints tonight because I overate at the Indian Restaurant so I’m currently on Disaronno. I’ve got a minimum 10 pint session on tomorrow from 2pm at the Rugby club and Sunday will be about 7 pints and 1-2 bottles of red wine. I don’t think I’ve been to the gym this year. Not used any steroids either but I’m thinking of going back to gear and training at some point when I sober up.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I drink every night. I eat quite strictly during the day and after my evening workout and a bath I am ready for a lovely dinner, some time in front of the TV and a nice glass of wine - why would I deny myself that pleasure?

Friday and Saturday I might have 3-4 cans of beer. However if I am due a night out which is rare these days then all bets are off and carnage will ensue.

I actually think it is great for mental health to go a bit crazy now and then - you need to let those demons out.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m a right pisshead. Prior to covid I rarely drank having packed up major binge drinking years ago. Then the gyms shut and I couldn’t play sport. Since then I’ve been right back on it. I could only manage 4 pints tonight because I overate at the Indian Restaurant so I’m currently on Disaronno. I’ve got a minimum 10 pint session on tomorrow from 2pm at the Rugby club and Sunday will be about 7 pints and 1-2 bottles of red wine. I don’t think I’ve been to the gym this year. Not used any steroids either but I’m thinking of going back to gear and training at some point when I sober up.
I drink every night. I eat quite strictly during the day and after my evening workout and a bath I am ready for a lovely dinner, some time in front of the TV and a nice glass of wine - why would I deny myself that pleasure?

Friday and Saturday I might have 3-4 cans of beer. However if I am due a night out which is rare these days then all bets are off and carnage will ensue.

I actually think it is great for mental health to go a bit crazy now and then - you need to let those demons out.

·
The future depends on what you do today
14,632 Posts
Great we have a myriad of chaps in same predicament as myself :)
I work shifts and can happily go a few weeks with no booze and clean eating.

When weekends/events/Mrs celebrations etc come around, I/we will drink moderate or get blitzed with no concern. Eat a few takeaways but eat out at restaurants regular.

I roughly stick to the 80/20 rule and it does me well.
I have a nice sociable life with no restrictions when we go out, but still train well and monitor my food intake around these situations.

I've no intention of stepping on stage, so why live that life???

·
The future depends on what you do today
14,632 Posts
@G-man99 By the way that's a damn good choice of spiced rum, one of my favourites - no need for any mixer with that one :)
Bottle Product Drink Alcoholic beverage Glass bottle

Just the rum that is available....

Again, some could last for months easily but when I/mrs/friends come around, I like to have a wide range.
My booze cupboard rivals a decent bar, but my fridge also rivals a good restaurant. All about the life balance.

80/20 is my moto.

Don't need to impress anyone anymore, life has one shot, so live it.......

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
I can tell you being an alcoholic and lifting weights don’t go together. Your lifts will go crashing down and will be impossible to get those numbers back up and when you train you always get an injury because your body is so inflamed. Unless you stop drinking altogether

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I b&c, smoke weed too. Guess my biggest downfall is my cheat meals a few times a week lol

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've never been at level whereby that edge of lifting a bit more weight/more reps would matter; provided I look better/ am stronger/ fitter than 99% of guys my age alcohol is a great relaxation to make any work almost worthwhile during leisure. What's the point of having a crack physique unless you're enjoying life as an offshoot? I'm a natural extrovert and find a little alcohol gives me that extra percentage to enjoy that trait even more, so it's not I use it as a confidence thing, as that could potentially be a problem as we've all seen many times with those who over-indulge. Alcohol accentuates mood: If you're generally a happy/ content/ confident person it works as great addition in life; if you're the opposite then it's to be avoided at all costs

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I drink far too much (gin or rum) and have for the last 10 years but the stresses of life got the better of me and being self employed means I've got too much time on my hands and no Boss to control me and that's what really escalated my drinking.

I don't even like drinking anymore even though I do it everyday as it just makes me depressed and it interferes with all areas of my life in a big way. I've got a few personal problems and mental issues though so drinking is basically just an escape route for me as it numbs the pain and makes me avoid addressing the problems in my life.

I'm constantly trying to fight my alcohol issues and I'd love to be T-Total again!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts