UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty upset today.

Since hitting the gym again after a 21 year abscence i'm quite shocked just how much my strength has deminished. I was 19 then.

Now back then i was 68KG six pack the works. Very Lean as always.

I could bench 75KG and i could do 15 wide grip chin ups.

Today (at age 40) since i have been training again a month or two i thought i'd give it a go and see how i was progressing.

I could only manage 2 yes 2 fookin chin ups and 70kg on the bench press, despit me being 6-7 kg heavier than i used to be, and yes i'm still just as lean.

Who else has found this out the hard way ?

·
Getting HUGE!
5,881 Posts
Well remember, when you are doing the chins, you are 7kg heavier, which won't help you chin, I am 49 and yes I could bench more 15 years ago, but its all relevent, and a couple of months is no time, eat well train hard but clever, and see where you are in 12 months.....

·
Gym Addict
162 Posts
so in 21 years of not training you have lost 5kg on bench press and 13 reps on chins with a weight 7kg heavier. sounds like you havent lost any strength at all and are jsut being a baby. after 1 month of trianing you will probably be benching 80kg and if you lose 7kg of chub im sure you could do 20 chins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.