UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum, and would like a bit of advice. I generally train at home, so dont have a lot of equipment. I used to lift once a week, and was never too fussed, but I want to get into it properly and get a bit bigger.

I am about 5ft10, 20 years old and weigh a tad over 11 stone. Preety skinny, but sure signs definition and muscle in places.

diet:

breakfast 6:30

3 wheat a bix

2 slices of toast with honey or nutella usually.

snack 10:00

breakfast bar

banana

lunch

tuna baguette/sandwich

chicken sandwich

low fat yogourt

crisps

apple/banana

afternoon

another sandwich

diner

usually fresh meat like chicken and potatoe/chips/mash with veg

before bed, whey protein

I have an ex bar with around 40kg of barbells

Usually do a combination of lifts 3/4 times a week around half hour per session

usual core stuff, push ups, squats, lunges and dead lifts 3x8 or untill fail on last set.

run 1/2 times a week for 4-6 miles

I struggle to put on weight, even when i eat a lot more than currently.

Any advice, or comments welcome!!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,839 Posts
I would probably reduce the running a bit. Your body can only do so much and it will eat into your ability to recover. If you want to gain weight you have to eat more, end of story. If you struggle to get it from food milk and yogurts are easier on the stomach for added calories. Peanut butter also can be a good way of getting more calories.

Train with weights 3 times a week maximum and train hard. You could either do full body workouts or split it up to a push/pull legs workout. Aim to make progress with your lifts and don't worry about training for muscles pumps or the burn just aim to get stronger.

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
Check out the routines for beginners section and the nutrition section.

There's hours of reading on there to correct where you're going wrong - which is primarily with your diet.

Good luck.

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
Monstamunch said:
Get on the roids, and join a gym if your serious about putting some size on......
Ingore this sh!te. Your just starting out, you need neither roids (or arguably) a gym to get started.

Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of stuff here to help you on your way.

·
Newbie Trainer
18 Posts
1Tonne said:
Ingore this sh!te. Your just starting out, you need neither roids (or arguably) a gym to get started.

Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of stuff here to help you on your way.
Haha I'm just messing maaaannnnn, these guys are correct just be patient and you will pick things up along the way bro.

·
Gym Head
139 Posts
welcome to UKM mate, thers alot of talented and experienced people on here, thers also many different topics to view but with you i see its mainly, diet and routine,,, good luck mate ,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.