UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to training my goal is to lose body fat and build lean muscle.I have managed to drop 4 stone in 5 months cutting out crap fatty food and drink.i go to the gym 5 times a week do a lot of cardio work.interval training working at 80% max heart rate for about 20 mins every day recovery at 60%.And doing weights to tone up.squats,deadlifts and bench press,as pull ups.I am taking protein shakes 3 times a day promax.I have still a couple more stone in body fat to lose.Then i hope to bulk out.I'm have posted in another thread a sample of my diet.I have been told i am not eating enough of carbs for muscle growth.And what exercises should i be doing.

·
UKBFF Scottish Classic Class Champ 2013
2,677 Posts
You say your not eating enough Carbs to grow???

Thought you were trying to lose weight, hence cutting your carb intake some what.

Geo

·
dude i'm hungry
514 Posts
Dude rather than try and cut and grow, choose one and target yourself, you cant "really"

do both properly at the same time

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
Agreed

Lose fat, the body must be ina state of calories deficit, ie, you are eating less energy than you are using.

Gain muscle, body must have a calorie surplus, ie. more energy per day than it is using so the excess energy can go towards rebuilding your body bigger and better !

People who do both at the same time ? ..... :censored: I hate you !!!!

·
Newbie Trainer
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Far point.Thanks for your replys.I was advised by a trainer at the gym.That i need to strip down of body fat and build a bit of strength and then i could bigin to bulk up.Just a bit confussed.Being new to all this i am trying my best.I am doing mainly compound exercises.I am trying to lose body fat but wanting to replace it with lean muscle.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
bryan71 said:
Far point.Thanks for your replys.I was advised by a trainer at the gym.That i need to strip down of body fat and build a bit of strength and then i could bigin to bulk up.Just a bit confussed.Being new to all this i am trying my best.I am doing mainly compound exercises.I am trying to lose body fat but wanting to replace it with lean muscle.
It doesnt really work like that. You need firstly to concentrate on losing body fat to get to a bf% that you are happy with. Say 10% to 15%. By doing this you need a lot of cardio (depending on what bf% you are now) along with a good diet. This doesnt mean that you drop the weights but it is not the priority at present.

Once you have lost the bf then you can change your diet, training and cardio to build muscle. you can still do cardio but its more "maintenance cardio" where you are just trying to keep the bf% the same.

·
Newbie Trainer
7 Posts
HI. IM 5"6 AND I WAS 9 STONE, I STARTED TO TAKE WEIGHT GAIN AND WORKING OUT 3 TIMES AWEEK. I GAIN A STONE AND A BIT WICH MADE ME VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I AM A HARD GAINER. IVE ALLWAYS BIN VERY SKINNY.

BUT IVE STARTED TO GET FAT OVER MY BELLY.

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT AND STILL BUILD MUSCLE?

IVE BIN WORKING SO HARD AND AT THE MO IT SEEM TO BE ALL A WAST.

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
BUGGSY said:
HI. IM 5"6 AND I WAS 9 STONE, I STARTED TO TAKE WEIGHT GAIN AND WORKING OUT 3 TIMES AWEEK. I GAIN A STONE AND A BIT WICH MADE ME VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I AM A HARD GAINER. IVE ALLWAYS BIN VERY SKINNY.

BUT IVE STARTED TO GET FAT OVER MY BELLY.

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT AND STILL BUILD MUSCLE?

IVE BIN WORKING SO HARD AND AT THE MO IT SEEM TO BE ALL A WAST.
Welcome to the board, you need to go and explore mate, have a look through the diet section and start a thread, you'll get plenty of help.

PS, please turn your caps lock off:thumb:

·
inked!
1,020 Posts
Also save yourself some money and ditch the promax swill and get your protien from myprotien or bulk powders. save a fortune

·
Newbie Trainer
52 Posts
willsey4 said:
. By doing this you need a lot of cardio (depending on what bf% you are now) along with a good diet. This doesnt mean that you drop the weights but it is not the priority at present.

Once you have lost the bf then you can change your diet, training and cardio to build muscle. you can still do cardio but its more "maintenance cardio" where you are just trying to keep the bf% the same.
Should the cardio be HIIT or just in the Fat burning zone ?

·
inked!
1,020 Posts
if your eating less then calories then you use, your life is a fat burning zone! The idea of "zones" is from those charts they have in gyms where people look like there still in the 80's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts