UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im sure this is a subject many of you have discussed to great length

but im curious to find out what im doing wrong.

Im slim built with a flat stomach but after 4 months of doing 3 x 30 sit-ups

every other night - NOTHING, no results whatsoever.

any ideas why not ? am i over training my abs ?

do i need more recovery time ?

Any advice Would Be Appreciated As I Don't Want To Waste Another 4 Months

Thanks

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
Deadlift and squat mate, nothing more to it. Well ok there is a bit more to it lol.

What are you eating and what is your current exercise routine like, other than the sit ups?

·
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/member-journals-picture
1,272 Posts
dont bother with situps. just stick to heavy compound lifts without the use of a belt. and throughout the day keeps your abs fully tensed (i.e. when walking, when sat down, when watching TV etc)

·
Newbie Trainer
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heineken said:
Deadlift and squat mate, nothing more to it. Well ok there is a bit more to it lol.

What are you eating and what is your current exercise routine like, other than the sit ups?
I train 3 x a week during the day at the gym properly but i thought i would focus on abs only at home in the evening so i do 3 x 30 sit-ups and 3 x 20 press ups with no results.

i used to do deadlifts but i then had a bad experience which put me off doing them however i do still do squats etc.

i was considering an ab roller or something to see if that would help but ive been told there the hardest area to train ?

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
They are normal muscles like... your biceps for example. Would you curl an empty bar for 30 reps and expect your arms to grow? Concentrating on squats, pulling and overhead pressing will build you a strong core, then you can add some weighted sit ups to isolate them. Bodyfat also plays a big part on how visible they are so diet is important.

How long have you been training etc? What do you actually do at the gym?

·
Newbie Trainer
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been training 5 months but i do struggle with my diet, getting it exact is never going to happen but i do take supps to ensure i get the right amount of everything i need daily.

As for my training routine, i go 3 x a week,

Mon - Legs / Shoulders

Wed - Back / Biceps

Fri - Chest / Triceps

I usually do 5 sets of the following reps: 6,6,8,10,12 as im trying to gain size and over the past 5 months ive gained over a stone and my strength is better by far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.