UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Getting Massive, Current PB: Squats 142.5kg x5ATG,
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a job badly, but i have no work experience and am 17 atm. Just wondering what tips you could give for my cv to look good and stand out to the employer.

·
Getting Massive, Current PB: Squats 142.5kg x5ATG,
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
antere07 said:
go the job center or connexions and they will sort you out
might sound stupid, but do they only help you out wi full time jobs cause im still doing a-levels so looking for part time work.

·
1,134 Posts
connexions will definetly help you its their job to weather it be part time or full time wont make a difference and if they say otherwise they are chatting out their ar$e unless its changed since like may this year or go to a careers adviser at your school/college

·
Kadampa.org
2,914 Posts
antere07 said:
connexions will definetly help you its their job to weather it be part time or full time wont make a difference and if they say otherwise they are chatting out their ar$e unless its changed since like may this year or go to a careers adviser at your school/college
connexions are great plus most colleges will have time allocated in their timetables for cvs, ucas, etc

·
where did that six pack go.....?
134 Posts
iv'e spent the last 3 or 4 months reading cv's nonstop. if you're 17 then i guess you don't have a lot of work experience to write about but what you do have is aspirations so go for those. if you want to send me your cv i'll have a read and give you some comments to think about.

what 'job' are you after? what are your hopes and dreams, ambitions etc..

·
Banned
9,206 Posts
Zzz102 said:
Need a job badly, but i have no work experience and am 17 atm. Just wondering what tips you could give for my cv to look good and stand out to the employer.
1. When doing a CV always write it on good quality paper, I've seen cracking CV's thrown in the bin when they've been sent in on crap paper.

2. Always be clear in what you've achieved like date and place.

3. The last bit is hobbies, always state you like to keep fit, employers like people who look after themselves.

G

·
Speak to a few recruitment agencies, and then send them a copy. I've gotten them to give feedback in the past, as they tend to know what format works well.

What kind of area do you want to get in to, and what part of the country are you in? Maybe people can recommend a couple of decent agencies.

G

·
Nidge said:
Oh and a nice clear font always works well to. The last CV I did was done in Constantia, it's a nice clear font with a little bit of class added.
What about using wingdings? :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.