UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else heard or seen this recommended?

I've read some of the reasons for doing this, but it still seems slightly odd.

Does anyone else practice this hydration strategy and have you found it benefitted you in any way?

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
Teaspoon of salt and teaspoon of sugar in water is basically an isotonic sports drink if I remember rightly.

Personally I would not do it any time other than post workout to rehydrate as too much salt is not good.

·
Premium Member
10,941 Posts
Mr_Socko said:
Has anyone else heard or seen this recommended?

I've read some of the reasons for doing this, but it still seems slightly odd.

Does anyone else practice this hydration strategy and have you found it benefitted you in any way?
theres a guy who writes books about this in the states,saline.

keeps you healthy nstuff,very interesting when you get into

it,helps alot with illnesses etc.

·
Pain is weakness leaving the body
253 Posts
Will101 said:
Teaspoon of salt and teaspoon of sugar in water is basically an isotonic sports drink if I remember rightly.

Personally I would not do it any time other than post workout to rehydrate as too much salt is not good.
band on...i use these all the time when im doing swimming galas, cheaper than a lucazade!

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Unless your doing combat sports, interval training or long aerobic sessions (1-2hours) with barely any rest and havent eaten anything 2-3 hours previously then id suggest milk if it fits in with your daily macros/cals. Its been proven to be better than any sports drink and if your determined to have it a split second after the workout theres UHT version which doesnt need to be chilled.

This doesnt mean if your weightlifting session takes longer than an hour your need this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.