UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Looking Freaky
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

is there any sort of powder you can buy to add carbs to a shake, i have been told to have malto in my pre and post workout shakes, is there anything wrong with adding a scoop or 2 to all my shakes, or anything similar that would work, i dont like adding oats to shakes as its always lumpy and doesnt taste nice

cheers:thumb:

·
numero uno
1,558 Posts
scotty_new said:

is there any sort of powder you can buy to add carbs to a shake, i have been told to have malto in my pre and post workout shakes, is there anything wrong with adding a scoop or 2 to all my shakes, or anything similar that would work, i dont like adding oats to shakes as its always lumpy and doesnt taste nice

cheers:thumb:

yer malto is fine to add pre and post workout. But for other shakes during day would defintley say powdered oats, have you tried the ones of myprotein? cant taste them at all with shakes mate.

·
http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/member-journals-picture
1,272 Posts
scotty_new said:
how good are the ones off myprotein are they lumpy at all, how thick does it turn your shake?

cheers

i will also look into morningfoods thanks
they are oats mate. same thing wherever you go. oats are oats!

thickness depends on how much water you use, how well you are able to shake your shaker, and/or whether you can get your hands on a blender

·
numero uno
1,558 Posts
scotty_new said:
how good are the ones off myprotein are they lumpy at all, how thick does it turn your shake?

cheers

i will also look into morningfoods thanks
Well i've only used ones from myprotein and bulkpowders.

But myprotein oats are alot smoother.

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
Add malto or dextrose to your pre (if you want) and post shakes. They are fasting acting carbs high on the G.I scale. After a workout, you have depleted the glycogen stores in the muscles themselves. Adding a fast action carb to your PWO shake will jump start your insuling response, and the insulin spike with drive the sugar and the protien from the whey into the muscle much faster at a time when its most needed.

If you add dextrose to all your shakes, the body wont have any use for it and (i've been told) likely store it as fat.

PWO is the only time i use carbs in this manner. Morning shake has oats in it. Evening is milk and cottage cheese.

·
Gym Addict
274 Posts
Morningfoods is a good shout.

I just buy tesco value Scottish oats at 50p per kg and blend them in a blender dry and them put them in a old protein tub. Cheapest way possible.

You can tell there are oats in a shake but not much.

50g - 75g oats

50g flavoured whey

Good shake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.