UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you become addicted to drugs and alcohol and are registered as an addict or an alcoholic is it true you get a payment for being an addict?

If it is what's this payment called??

I'm sure I've heard that you get a seperate payment on top of your dole / sickness money.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
in honesty. if i can get paid money for being a smackhead or alcholic, then the systems is truley ****ed up.

how can we fund somthing like that, then also have to fund the NHS bills when those wasters have to go to hospital because their dying.

Fair enough if the moneys paying for rehabilitation or somthing, but if their getting extra money simply because they have a 'problem' then thats just plain fxcking stupid.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
I think they can get more dosh, the longer they are "signed off" as unfit, so first time off work you get sick pay from your job (if not self employed) then after 6 months you go onto statutory sick pay, about £60 a week, then the longer you are off the money goes up to a max of £91 a week.

I think that there are additional pots of money that people apply for for specific conditions and needs, and some even get cars bought n paid for from our taxes. The scheme I think is called mobility. Us old gits will remember the blue three wheeler with motor bike controls, but now a lot of peole have access to and abuse the mobilty scheme cos they give you normal motors.

·
EFBB Winner
3,385 Posts
disability benefit- the missus dad is a serious alchoholi/ scum bag and he gets it- what does he do with it- spends it on alchohol yay!! the quicker he dies the better, may even buy him a few bottles

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
Nidge said:
Might be Ryan but I'm sure it's called something else.
Nah i was wrong mate i just googled it and thats if you cant work due to illness or disability but im sure that covers depression and sh1t which i wouldnt class as ilness, fvcknos what the one is your talking about mate sorry couldnt have been more help

·
Banned
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ryan16 said:
Nah i was wrong mate i just googled it and thats if you cant work due to illness or disability but im sure that covers depression and sh1t which i wouldnt class as ilness, fvcknos what the one is your talking about mate sorry couldnt have been more help
No probs mate thanks anyway.

·
small is no longer an option
21 Posts
well what ever it is can we just kill the lazy ****er as i am fed up of spending my tax money on them i work hard and give half to the to get ****ed up, send them to war doped up on somthing make use out of them

·
Gym Addict
478 Posts
A friend of my mrs's daughters was going mad about 2 years ago because a wino who kept hanging about where they live was allegedly on an extra £18 pw social security because of being a wino, allegedly this is for alcohol so the rest of the benefit can be spent as it is supposed to be.

True or not i couldnt say, but it wouldn't suprise me, i am an addict, i am addicted to being warm in the winter :D would i qualify for a winter fuel payment? lol on the flip side i am also addicted to being cool in summer could i get an air con grant?

worlds gone mad.

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
Manson you can actually get a thing called a cold weather payment when its colder than usual to keep up with heating bills lol its like an extra 25 quid but its not done weekly only when its like -1 or more each day for a while

·
Getting HUGE!
2,024 Posts
Junkies n alcoholics get loads of money and free cars, not all of em but the ones who know how to work the system do. A dude i knew at school now gets over 600 a month after his rent council tax and car is already paid for. All because he would rather get ****ed n drugged up than work to feed his wife n kids. What the fcuk! If he is too drunk n out of his head to go to work why would you give him a car that he is clearly not going to be able to drive? If he kills someone whilst drink/ drug driving what then? Oh it's not his fault he's got no choice but to be a junkie

·
Enjoys a good poo on works time
2,843 Posts
Junkies don't as such as it's illegal but alcoholism is a medical condition, classed as an illness not a junkie so yes you get benefits. A lot as it happens. Wifes used to work on a gastro unit, the tales from there is enough to put you off beer for life. They not only get benefits, but they get enoug hto spend all day in a pub to get p!ssed I kid you not. One regular who was forever perferating his gut would drink 20 pints, yes pints in the pub, not canss at home or bottles fromthe off-license but 20 pints a day, whilst signing on.

·
Banned
44,247 Posts
BillC said:
Junkies don't as such as it's illegal but alcoholism is a medical condition, classed as an illness not a junkie so yes you get benefits. A lot as it happens. Wifes used to work on a gastro unit, the tales from there is enough to put you off beer for life. They not only get benefits, but they get enoug hto spend all day in a pub to get p!ssed I kid you not. One regular who was forever perferating his gut would drink 20 pints, yes pints in the pub, not canss at home or bottles fromthe off-license but 20 pints a day, whilst signing on.
Its tales like this make me realise l love this country.

NOT !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.