UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. Have had acid reflux all my life. I have taken all the presciption stuff(nexium, prilosec, etc) They do help but I dont want to take this stuff forever. Is there anyone out there that has found anything natural that helps acid reflux??

Thanks,

Brian

·
training
37 Posts
hi,

i have had problems with my stomach for the last 3 years.

i have had burning, bloating ,bringing food back up its been a fvkin nightmare.

i was put on omeparazole and will have to stay on them for the rest of my life,

but im going to the hospital in november to have oesophageal physiology studies.

on the outcome of this i may be havin an operation to stop all this..

the omeprazole help to some extent but on bad days im taking 5 of them throughout the day.

these are the only things that have helped me, i have tried them yoghurts and other diff stuff but they havent helped.

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
As Para said you need to eat an alkalyn diet, will make an instant improvement. Google alkalyn diet and you will get loads of examples but the thing you may not like is that it should be low in meat.

Are you sure you dont have a hiatus hernia? it will feel like you need to cough after eating.

hth

SD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Appreciate the replies. Para or SportDr...... Could you go into a bit more detail on the alkalyn diet and some foods that would be involved in one. Sorry to hear your sufferring leej209. I know my acid reflux is bad, but it sounds like you suffer to a greater extent.

·
Newbie Trainer
94 Posts
I get this all the time,

it helps if you wash your protein shakers thoroughly before re-use, and regular bowel movements also...

To be honest i'm not 100% sure what i'm suffering in acid reflux but it does seem like it.

I also find if I sleep when I wake up the pain is miraculously gone!

·
hmmm
1,430 Posts
my eldest boy (12)and yougest daughter (4) both have gastroreflux,they have both been put on a dairy,egg and soya free diet,,feeding them is a nightmare.

My son is not able to tolerate eating potatoes,( only sweet potatoes )no rasperries,strawberries,apples,no gluten and the only pasta he can have is corn pasta.

They both have lansoprazole tablets and domperidone fairly high dosages for their size (weight)

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
zeus87529 said:
Appreciate the replies. Para or SportDr...... Could you go into a bit more detail on the alkalyn diet and some foods that would be involved in one. Sorry to hear your sufferring leej209. I know my acid reflux is bad, but it sounds like you suffer to a greater extent.
I don't know a great deal except the idea is to up your consumption of fresh fruit, vegetables,nuts,pulses and legumes while reducing grains, dairy, meat and salt.

This will bring,hopefully,a reduction in acid levels and rebalance your bodies PH level.Obviously the diet is not ideal for a bodybuilder,however,if it helps your digestive issues it may be worth a try.

Supplementing with apple cider vinegar may also help,that also has an alkalyzing effect(Malic acid?) and many swear by it for general health reasons which include aiding digestion :)

Do you eat alot of bread? as i find excess yeast consumption can also cause reflux :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Para. No I don't eat alot of bread.. I definately don't eat enough fruits, nuts or legumes though. I have never reallly liked fruit but recently have been buying a little at the store. Definately need more greens in my diet too. Does Malic Acid come in a pill form??

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
need2getbigger said:
my eldest boy (12)and yougest daughter (4) both have gastroreflux,they have both been put on a dairy,egg and soya free diet,,feeding them is a nightmare.

My son is not able to tolerate eating potatoes,( only sweet potatoes )no rasperries,strawberries,apples,no gluten and the only pasta he can have is corn pasta.

They both have lansoprazole tablets and domperidone fairly high dosages for their size (weight)
That sounds like hell mate, I to take Lansoprazole, the Dr gave it to me for a suspected hernia that he say there's no need to operate on, NHS, just gotta love aint yeh

·
hmmm
1,430 Posts
tel3563 said:
That sounds like hell mate, I to take Lansoprazole, the Dr gave it to me for a suspected hernia that he say there's no need to operate on, NHS, just gotta love aint yeh
It`s a bit of a nightmare shopping as we have to check every packet for ingredients to make sure there is nothing in them that they cant have,, surprising how many different products have powdered milk or potato starch..they cant eat kellogs cornflakes but can eat tescos cornflakes due to ingredients,,can`t remeber off the top of my head what it was but not complaining as the tesco brand is cheaper:D..

Worse for the 2 kids as they see others eat chocolate and ice cream etc and they are`nt allowed to have it,,healthier by far but kids will be kids and want chocolate.

2nd boy has a dairy intolerance but the other girl can eat everything..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.