UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MT2 rocks
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im getting alittle worried and need some advice.On monday i put 1ml of enanthate into my right delt. it went in with ease no pain and nice n slow.(i have been doing cycles for about 3 years always use clean needles etc).Now further down from where i injected has gone red/sore and hot but like i say it is further down (u will see on pic) but is NOT swelled up.How long (if it was an absess would it take to lump up)

Also i worked triceps in the gym yesterday would that have anything to do with it?

Can you see the bruse on my delt?well thats the injection site.Its the redness below that ,that im on about.

photo.jpg

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
i think you look pretty much ok to me....you will need to wait a little longer for an abscess to develop...but just looks like a little bruising,nothing to worry about....if you feel feverish,with temperature,and the area is starting to swell up quite a lot,then i'd be worried!!!

was you totally loose and relaxed when jabbing or taught and tensed when the needle went in?

because this might cause the bruisng,pushing a needle into a tense muscle(if so,never a good idea,can snap the needle too).

i reckon if you have no symptoms of fever,pain,swelling etc...i think you will be pretty much ok...and your source of stuff is ok,in date and stored in the right conditions?

adding to this your administering protocol is all good......then i think there will be nothing to worry about mate!!!

if your worried that much,go to your docs!!!!

let us know if anything or nothing hopefully develops!!!

·
238 Posts
From extremely bitter experience (see recent thread "Phils abscess story" i would get it checked out - it does mean being honest with the doc about what you have done but i think thats for the best anyway.

My abscess was VERY painful - hurt to even touch, it wasnt particularly hot to the touch but was badly swollen (and constantly growing!).

Im not an expert on abscesses but seek help if youre a few days post injection and still a lot more sore than normal - you said you have 3 years expeience - so you know better than anyone if something doesnt feel right for you.

·
Newbie Trainer
11 Posts
Phil you got feverish sympthoms also?

I am asking cause i have done injections for several of my friends plus my own over the past 5 years. Several have developed

lumps one time even the size of a half tennis ball - that would be encapsulated oil

redness + hottness - that would be an alergic reaction (to BA or BB or sth) or small bacterical infection

and one time someone got an Abscess, but he had all of the above + Fever.

So from my expierence if you dont have fever sympthoms (your body is fighting a strong infection) you should not have to worry. Maybe take an anti - inflammatory and you should be good to go.

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
Phil B said:
From extremely bitter experience (see recent thread "Phils abscess story" i would get it checked out - it does mean being honest with the doc about what you have done but i think thats for the best anyway.

My abscess was VERY painful - hurt to even touch, it wasnt particularly hot to the touch but was badly swollen (and constantly growing!).

Im not an expert on abscesses but seek help if youre a few days post injection and still a lot more sore than normal - you said you have 3 years expeience - so you know better than anyone if something doesnt feel right for you.
thinking now seeing phils's posts,and reading his abscess story....i agree totally with phil...get it checked out and better to be safe than sorry!!!!

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Probably goes without saying but dont jab that oil again.

I jabbed some winny and prop in the past that did that, even gave me a fever for a couple of days. I took loads of vit c, rested and all was well luckily.

You may not want to take that risk yourself, but I know from experience of bad oil, if the swelling and pain hasn't started to get better after two days, you will prob need anti-biotics.

hth

SD

·
MT2 rocks
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any ideas as to why the soreness and redness is in my tricep when i injected into my delt?I have been told it could be the oil that has run down into my tri plus i worked tri`s yesterday at the gym.

·
small Lee
367 Posts
I had a similar experience mate about a year ago with some Apex test prop,i only used it a couple times and every time i jabbed my delt i would experience the same redness you have and it would be hot to touch on my lower arm,but it always went away after about a week.............i decided to ditch the bottle and have never used test prop since and have never suffered the same sypmtoms since aswell.

·
Machines can break
388 Posts
I would see your doc, but i had a similar jab like that and it seem to effect an area not associated with the jab. Took over a week to feel right. Mine was delt jab too. Hope its nothing mate.

·
238 Posts
Someone was just questioning wether i had a fever whilst my abscess was developing and getting huge - no - not that i noticed - i was on 2hrs cardio a day & competed with it still growing - all i knew is my ass cheek hurt like hell and definetly wasnt right! So again - PLEASE get it checked out - id hate anyone else on here to go through what im going through now!

·
MT2 rocks
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still no lump,its not squishy,still red, still sore but not painfull, still no fever and i feel fine, still hot but not as hot as it was yesterday.I dunno what to do as docs will be shut over the weekend so this is my last day.Really not wanting to goto doc and tell them what ive done but will if i have to.

·
Boditronics pocket size stud.
3,719 Posts
McQueen said:
Still no lump,its not squishy,still red, still sore but not painfull, still no fever and i feel fine, still hot but not as hot as it was yesterday.I dunno what to do as docs will be shut over the weekend so this is my last day.Really not wanting to goto doc and tell them what ive done but will if i have to.
Personally I think you will be fine.

1ml of sust made my delt swell, go red, feel hot, hurt AND I felt unwell. It cleared up in a couple of days though but I was going to see a doc if it didn't improve.

I'm not telling you what to do as after reading Phils Journal it scared me a fair bit. But from my own experience it was ok! Plus phil jabbed the old famous winny lol!

·
is going to be in as good shape again as my profil
763 Posts
i have had that in my tri's a couple of times but it did go away in the end, I would give it a week and if still the same or worse go get it looked at mate

·
238 Posts
McQueen said:
I tell you what to do mate, dont take medical advice from anyone on an internet forum!! - I love this web site and spend ages on here but the people on here - myself included - are not medically qualified (well a few may be) - if you are concerned and dont want to tell ur doctor about your gear use then you could go to an NHS drop in centre - they are open evenings and weekends usually too.

Maybe im just been paranoid - but im sat here now - 2.5 weeks post surgery with a 12cm open wound in my ass cheek wishing it had been caught earlier!

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Phil B said:
I tell you what to do mate, dont take medical advice from anyone on an internet forum!! - I love this web site and spend ages on here but the people on here - myself included - are not medically qualified (well a few may be) - if you are concerned and dont want to tell ur doctor about your gear use then you could go to an NHS drop in centre - they are open evenings and weekends usually too.

Maybe im just been paranoid - but im sat here now - 2.5 weeks post surgery with a 12cm open wound in my ass cheek wishing it had been caught earlier!
:thumbup1:

Good advice imho

·
Newbie Trainer
87 Posts
Hey man, how is the arm? Hope its getting better for you. As a 'virgin' thinking/planning my 1st cycle - made me a bit paranoid (reading the other stories too) Are absesses quite common (is an abssess an infection within the muscle?); what would be the treatment at DR's - a course of antibiotics? Really hope things work out ok, let us know.

·
238 Posts
Jamesieboy said:
Hey man, how is the arm? Hope its getting better for you. As a 'virgin' thinking/planning my 1st cycle - made me a bit paranoid (reading the other stories too) Are absesses quite common (is an abssess an infection within the muscle?); what would be the treatment at DR's - a course of antibiotics? Really hope things work out ok, let us know.
No - abscesses are really not very common - to put things in perspective i have been using gear on and off for probably 8 years - which means literally hundreds and hundreds of shots - & i have only ever had 1 bad one, a few have hurt at the time for a bit, and some have hurt for a couple of days after but thats all.

An abscess only develops through bacteria entering teh body - through 1 of 2 main routes normally - 1 - dirty gear (maybe fake or badly produced), or poor injection technique.

Have a look at the threads on here about inj. technique and make sure its all clear - ask if you are unsure. Try to buy pharma grade gear as it will generally be clean (and lastly dont mix oil based & water based products as you may be fine with this - or it can lead to disaster - as per my abscess story).

Lastly try & find a decent gp who can keep an eye on your health

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.