UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to see guys scream and yell at the gym while they workingout, does that really help while doing heavy weights or it just becuase they want everybody at the gym to notice that this guy is doing heavy weight?

:confused1: :confused1:
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
2,562 Posts
ABED23 said:
I use to see guys scream and yell at the gym while they workingout, does that really help while doing heavy weights or it just becuase they want everybody at the gym to notice that this guy is doing heavy weight?

:confused1: :confused1:
It really helps mate, try it sometime.

The theory is that the extra boost of blood which is drawn to the head when one shouts and psyches oneself up will cause a temporary aggression flux and whilst it cant make someone 'stronger' per se, it can help one focus into a frenzy and get in the 'zone' so to speak when training.

When one is fully engaged in the exercise its important to let out a huge roar as the 80 kg bench press is hoisted up with a spotter holding the bar...the only way to get massive and shredded mate:D:wink:
 

·
Solid Gold
Joined
·
6,442 Posts
yeah you see them screaming and yelling trying to push 80k up on flat bench, then get off the bench with arms sticking out at right angles saying **** like "hell yeah" and all that bollox
 

·
Gobby
Joined
·
10,535 Posts
Kezz said:
yeah you see them screaming and yelling trying to push 80k up on flat bench, then get off the bench with arms sticking out at right angles saying **** like "hell yeah" and all that bollox
If I tried to lift 80kg I'd be screaming and yelling... :D :blush:
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
1,896 Posts
tel3563 said:
Are you sure it wasn't a dog that started spouting chinese
i asked her if she wanted to try it doggy style... unfortunately due to a bit of miscommunication she just gave me a blank expression.. so i flipped her over and started kicking her back doors in...

next thing i know she started shouting "im a doggy!! im a DOGGY!!! IM A ANIMAL!! WOOF WOOF!!" etc

but yeah looking back on it the tail was a dead giveaway...
 

·
back on track for 2011
Joined
·
2,638 Posts
it shas both psychological and physiological benefits mate ....

one of the things exhaling and forcefully during a lift avoids is the tendancy to hold your breath which many beginners do. when u hold your breathe the glottis covers the trachea, this is folllowed by the diaphragm being pushed up wards by the abdominals. the combination of these two events causes a rise in thoracic pressure resulting in the arteries leaving the heart to be squeezed. this causes a decrease in blood flow to the head which results in stars before the eyes. This is often referred to as the val salver maneuverer. for advanced lifters this actually has benefits

also have you ever tried squatting 300 kg in silence
 
G

·
PeterTheEater said:
i asked her if she wanted to try it doggy style... unfortunately due to a bit of miscommunication she just gave me a blank expression.. so i flipped her over and started kicking her back doors in...

next thing i know she started shouting "im a doggy!! im a DOGGY!!! IM A ANIMAL!! WOOF WOOF!!" etc

but yeah looking back on it the tail was a dead giveaway...
FPMSL :lol:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top