UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lifting, growing.
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be starting it, but progress seems so slow! Doesn't seem challenging enough!

If you've done it please detail any progress you made in your lifts AND in your physique.

:beer:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Slow progress over long period = a lot of progress

nothing in the lifting game is fast progress mate!

You shouldn't stall for verrrrrrrrrrry time on 5/3/1

·
Looking Freaky
867 Posts
i have done 4 cycles of 5/3/1 only on push press and have progressed from 120 to 150 these weren't back to back cycles as i've had lay offs for comps in between but i find it very effective way of quickly increasing lifts by 5 ten kg i was doin toskars 5/3/1 not wendlers

·
Gym Addict
452 Posts
I've been running it for about 10 weeks and my strength has gone up. I've not tried any true 1RM maxes yet, goin to wait a month or two before I try that.

On paper it might look easy, but wait until your a few cycles in and your hitting your old 5 rep max for 10 reps.

·
Bulking Nicely
557 Posts
i felt the same mate, felt i was lifting to light for weeks and i binned it, im going to start it agen in few months tho, i would defo recomend it tho, as its been potsed you get slow steady continued gains

·
Gym Addict
431 Posts
I ran it and managed to keep up with all the prescribed lifts until cycle 6 when I stalled, so for about 24 weeks.

Obviously got stronger in order to get that far. Didnt really note by how much lifts increased, just run the program for as long as possible doing what is required.

·
Gym Addict
452 Posts
recc said:
I ran it and managed to keep up with all the prescribed lifts until cycle 6 when I stalled, so for about 24 weeks.

Obviously got stronger in order to get that far. Didnt really note by how much lifts increased, just run the program for as long as possible doing what is required.
You don't necessarily have to stop the program once you stall.

Wendler recommends taking 90% of your training max and starting the program again. Don't have to reset all lifts, just the one that stalls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.