UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have trouble sleeping?

I'm usualy really good with sleep but recently I've been waking at 3 am (got lots on my mind). I haven't been this tired in years but still I can't sleep! Last night I drifted into a strange sort of sleep while in a conscious state and started getting paraoid that I was going to be sectioned! (due to nightnmares as a result of working in a psychiatric hospital). I also had images of the girl from The Ring...that wasn't fun!

Any tips for how to ensure I decent sleep tonight?

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
I'm same atm, wake every couple of hours, have dreams that ppl are in the room with me,

can't say what there doing or have to move thread to AL:D

Some dreams I can't seperate from reality, wake up and think things have happened, would

be ok if I was sleeping with Katy Perry or similar but they tend to be more macarbre ones :sad:

Nightol sometimes does the trick with me, perhaps you have a dual personality disorder :)

·
longing for the 80s
1,124 Posts
ive been suffering with sleep also,used to get a good quality 8 hours in every night,but lately im finding it hard to get to sleep and im waking earlier than usual,its really annoying katy.

tbh i do have a couple of 'issues' on my mind at the moment so i put it down to that,but i know not getting enough sleep is not good all round,maybe some sleeping tablets may help just til you sort your worries out?

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
joe.b said:
maybe this could help katy,not read it myself but you may find something in there of interest

http://www.k-state.org/counseling/topics/life/sleep.html
Thank you...I read it. The only thing I'm not doing right is booze!! The biggest problem is most likely stress though...got some worries on my mind. I may try some nytol or something as I feel like a zombie at the mo...

SiPhil said:
This is what everyone is thinking, but I'll be the one to say it:

You need a good shagging. Dump your boyfriend, he's obviously not satisfying you enough.
Ha ha, I told my boyfriend your advice....gave him a good giggle! :laugh:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,393 Posts
I get this a lot - usually when I have got a lot on my mind.

First up, stay away from any sleeping tabs etc. as so easy to then become dependant on them to get to sleep.

Something I found 100% works is to download relaxation / hypnotherapy audio stuff and listen to it as you go to bed. Dark room, headphones in with no distraction etc. and I swear you will just drop off.

Also, don't eat too much food too late or consume alcohol before sleeping as this makes it harder for your body to shut down for sleep.

Another thing I heard is if you keep waking up at 3am, don't put tv / radio on as you will become dependant on this to go back to sleep.

Hope that helps!

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
1,911 Posts
This might help: http://helpguide.org/life/sleep_tips.htm

The temperature of your bedroom also affects sleep. Most people sleep best in a slightly cool room (around 65° F or 18° C) with adequate ventilation. A bedroom that is too hot or too cold can interfere with quality sleep.

A fan for the bedroom might help. Even better an aircon with temp sensors.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
If you have stuff on your mind, might be time to start getting it out of your head and chat with your mate and tell em to shush, nt give advice, but just let you "offload" the junk thats keeping you awake, remember you cant put two pints of emotion in a one pint glass, time to start chatting with your pals.

·
For 5% off at myprotein.co.uk use code MP15618462
1,360 Posts
I have trouble sleeping sometimes. I find reading helps me relax and take my mind off stresses-something fictional and fun, which can take your mind elsewhere.

Kalms have helped me sleep, but I think they are more of a placebo.

ZMA or your own combination of zinc, magnesium and vit B6...gives me better quality sleep.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.