UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
I have been told that as im young, i should stick mainly to compound movements and do more reps and less weight.

I was told this would be a good routine:

Tues-Thurs-Sat

Squats

3x12-15

Lying Leg Curl

3x8-12

Flat Bench Press

3x8-12

Lat Pull Downs

3x8-12

Deadlifts

3x8-12

Standing Military Press

3x8-12

Standing Barbell Curls

3x8-12

Lying Dumbell Tricep Extensions

3x8-12

critisisms plse

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Yep definately as vince said, you were doing too much and would struggle to maintain that volume.

Also as Vince said, workout twice per week ,you need 3-4 days to recover until you have a few years of lifting under your belt.

SD

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
ok, revised 2 day a week routine:

--Week 1--

DAY 1

Incline Bench Press - 3x8-12

Military Press - 3x8-12

Dips - 3x8-12

Lat Pull Downs (wide+front) - 3x8-12

Deadlifts - 3x12-15

DAY 2

Standing Barbell Curl - 3x8-12

Seated Calf Raise - 3x8-12

Leg Curl - 3x8-12

Squat - 3x12-15

--Week 2--

DAY 1

Flat Bench Press - 3x8-12

Military Press - 3x8-12

Dips - 3x8-12

Lat Pull Downs (wide+front) - 3x8-12

Deadlifts - 3x12-15

DAY 2

Standing Barbell Curl - 3x8-12

Seated Calf Raise - 3x8-12

Leg Extension - 3x8-12

Squat - 3x12-15

any good?

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dno if u noticed but i did it for 2 weeks cos i had no flat bench and only leg curl so on the 2nd week i swapped incline bench for flat and leg curl for extension. will that work/be ok?

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont think u quite get me, what i mean is i made it a 2 week cycle as aposed to just a 2 day one because i had no flat bech press. so in the 2nd week i replaced the incline becnh with flat bench. also with leg curl to leg extension. should i do it as a 2 week plan or just work those two exercises into a 2day routine?

G

·
Thats the work out i gave you only i said 4 sets in total 3 of which are lighter warm up sets you also changed the rep range....

Any way how about less posting and more lifting then you may actually have some results.

Have you started eating correctly yet?

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
no con its slightly different, got sum dips in, calf raises and incline and flat bench.

also that doesnt include a couple of warmup sets with a lighter weight.

i have started to eat as well as i can given my circumstances. My dad was widowed when my mother died of an aneurysm suddenly last xmas eve. He now has to look after my two sisters and me so the only thing ive really been able to do its replace my breakfast with a Bananas, Peanut Butter, Honey, Oats, Protein and Milk shake and cut out snacking in favor of somethign stodgier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.