UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,068 Posts
how much do you bench raw?

not taking anything away from you and its each to their own but equipped never did it for me, never understood the reasoning behind wearing something to vastly improve your lift by helping you through the hardest part of the range of motion, where do you draw the line? i could put my gym bottoms on and my tank top and jump in a fork lift and deadlift 1800kg, all im doing is using a piece of equipment designed to help me lift more weight

sure put wrist wraps on to protect your wrists or a belt to create intra abdominal pressure but when you need your gym buddies to help you suit up it seems a little excessive imo

again the message is purely opinion and i have no hate but in all honesty i dont even know if that was a good lift for a geared lifter

·
Administrator
13,068 Posts
im quite strong raw, but raw I do only hypertrophy work, earlier on today I did 140kg for 15 reps as my heaviest set.

im not going to get into this argument haha because it rarely goes anywhere and has been done to death, but comparing it to getting in a forklift to lift the weight is quite insulting.

I compete equipped and raw, I prefer equipped because there is more to it, it's more fun, and there is more potential to improve in it.
a fair point, i wasnt mocking you, apologies for the forklift comment and that is some impressive raw numbers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.