UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
how much do you bench raw?

not taking anything away from you and its each to their own but equipped never did it for me, never understood the reasoning behind wearing something to vastly improve your lift by helping you through the hardest part of the range of motion, where do you draw the line? i could put my gym bottoms on and my tank top and jump in a fork lift and deadlift 1800kg, all im doing is using a piece of equipment designed to help me lift more weight

sure put wrist wraps on to protect your wrists or a belt to create intra abdominal pressure but when you need your gym buddies to help you suit up it seems a little excessive imo

again the message is purely opinion and i have no hate but in all honesty i dont even know if that was a good lift for a geared lifter

·
Gym Addict
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how much do you bench raw?

not taking anything away from you and its each to their own but equipped never did it for me, never understood the reasoning behind wearing something to vastly improve your lift by helping you through the hardest part of the range of motion, where do you draw the line? i could put my gym bottoms on and my tank top and jump in a fork lift and deadlift 1800kg, all im doing is using a piece of equipment designed to help me lift more weight

sure put wrist wraps on to protect your wrists or a belt to create intra abdominal pressure but when you need your gym buddies to help you suit up it seems a little excessive imo

again the message is purely opinion and i have no hate but in all honesty i dont even know if that was a good lift for a geared lifter
im quite strong raw, but raw I do only hypertrophy work, earlier on today I did 140kg for 15 reps as my heaviest set.

im not going to get into this argument haha because it rarely goes anywhere and has been done to death, but comparing it to getting in a forklift to lift the weight is quite insulting.

I compete equipped and raw, I prefer equipped because there is more to it, it's more fun, and there is more potential to improve in it.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
what is with this fckin arching of the back ....

i never do that on a bench press and nore have i seen any of the pro bodybuilders do it lol ...

fckin bo**OCKS ...

try doing it again with your back on the bench :)

·
I don't sleep, I just dream.
11,692 Posts
this will be stating the obvious to most people, but for everyone else: if you don't arch your back when benching heavy you stand the risk of serious shoulder injury.

·
Premium Member
17,681 Posts
To the people commenting on the arched back...Do you understand the purpose and conditions of powerlifting?

The purpose is to move the greatest possible weight from A to B.

One of the conditions applied to this is:

1. The lifter must lie on his back with shoulders and buttocks in contact with the bench surface. The sole and heel of his shoes must be in contact with the floor or blocks. His hands and fingers must grip the bar positioned in the rack stands with thumbs around grip. This body position shall be maintained throughout the lift.

·
Looking Freaky
1,107 Posts
287.5kg bench press...raw or not, is a very impressive lift...No belts or straps can help you lift extra 100kg of weights...I would say well done you! Ignore the haters

287.5kg geared vs 100kg raw. I know which category I rather be in.

If someone did an impressive lift, please give the encouragement and positive remarks that he deserves...slashing someone off by using wrist straps are not helpful...especially it is for protection.

btw you meant to arch your back, just like the OP did...that's basic, not cheating....

bottom line. impressive lift. keep it up! you should be proud

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
im quite strong raw, but raw I do only hypertrophy work, earlier on today I did 140kg for 15 reps as my heaviest set.

im not going to get into this argument haha because it rarely goes anywhere and has been done to death, but comparing it to getting in a forklift to lift the weight is quite insulting.

I compete equipped and raw, I prefer equipped because there is more to it, it's more fun, and there is more potential to improve in it.
a fair point, i wasnt mocking you, apologies for the forklift comment and that is some impressive raw numbers

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.