UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
https://www.instagram.com/vinny_uk/
1,759 Posts
I'm thinking of doing one next year, would be nice to do a first timer, even a U90 Novice

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which one your going for I might jump on it too good to have some friendly competition lol.
I'm gonna have a look this afternoon, will let you know. I think there's a few in Yorkshire area over summer. Which one you fancy?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I'm gonna have a look this afternoon, will let you know. I think there's a few in Yorkshire area over summer. Which one you fancy?
I dont know had a look at a couple but I came off facebook and all details seem to be on there lol went on rebel strength site and a lot are all to be confirmed due to the Corona stuff

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont know had a look at a couple but I came off facebook and all details seem to be on there lol went on rebel strength site and a lot are all to be confirmed due to the Corona stuff
I know. All the organisers are waiting to see what 2021 will bring, vaccine and all...

I will definitely do one. Just want to hang on, because I think once we get into the new year, more comps should be confirmed.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I know what your saying that's why I was looking at the Blackpool one as its end of summer so gives it a good chance to go ahead.

·
Newbie Trainer
424 Posts
I'm thinking of doing one next year, would be nice to do a first timer, even a U90 Novice
*First timer" are rare but hopefully becoming a bit more common but they are more aimed at an average CrossFiter, eg 130-150kg deadlift for reps.

"Novice" are common are are for all sizes, deadlift in range of 170kg to 200kg for reps.

U90 (all weight categories) is generally a step up from novice.

Remember tho strongman is more than just a deadlift and "for reps" doesn't necessarily mean the guy with the biggest PB wins.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
*First timer" are rare but hopefully becoming a bit more common but they are more aimed at an average CrossFiter, eg 130-150kg deadlift for reps.

"Novice" are common are are for all sizes, deadlift in range of 170kg to 200kg for reps.

U90 (all weight categories) is generally a step up from novice.

Remember tho strongman is more than just a deadlift and "for reps" doesn't necessarily mean the guy with the biggest PB wins.
crossfitters should stick to crossfit imo. dont need those fannies polluting our beautiful sport :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Ain't that the truth lol.

U90

That is a pipe dream for me lol I sit at 120kg plus all the time these days
120 is a good weight though man. you actually LOOK like a strong man when you are over 115

i know thats stereotyping, but when you think "strongman" you don't imagine some undernourished 85kg wet blanket, you imagine a big chunky dude with a beard pulling a fu**ing truck LOL

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
6,3 20 stone tattoos beard and pretty strong and working on mobility as snapped my ACL a while back and didnt want the op due to being self employed floor layer couldn't afford time off but seem to have full stability back now I'm statically as strong as I've been 140 ohp 260 squat 300deadlift for reps can walk with a 370 frame decent now farmers is fine loading medley are my best event

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
6,3 20 stone tattoos beard and pretty strong and working on mobility as snapped my ACL a while back and didnt want the op due to being self employed floor layer couldn't afford time off but seem to have full stability back now I'm statically as strong as I've been 140 ohp 260 squat 300deadlift for reps can walk with a 370 frame decent now farmers is fine loading medley are my best event
Legend. sounds awesome man. Youre a fair bit bigger and stronger than me then.

Im like a "mini-me" version of you at 5'10. all lifts about 20% less for me. and im 95kg. working on getting bigger.

injuries are easy to do in this sport though mate. my shoulder joints feel dreadful this week. might need a de-load week, as yesterdays training session was super painful.... felt like dry grinding and overall joint soreness. almost 35, but feel about 45 sometimes.... ugh

·
Newbie Trainer
424 Posts
Enter a comp with those numbers. A heavy Novice or normal inters. Enter based on strength levels rather than experience imo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts