1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im Guy, im 15, 1.73m, 57kg.

guybfy5.jpg

I have been doing a bit of lifting here and there for about 2 months after i was given a weight bench, 5ft barbell and two 14" dumbells.

The kit i have looks much like this and has the preacher and lat bar included:

41njzg91e9lss400ml8.jpg

I unfortunatly have no gym near me that is accessable and so Im limited to the kit i have or that i could buy in the future if not too expensive.

I take Body Fortress Protein Powder after workouts.

At the moment i usually just do what i feel like but i could do with a decent 3day a week routine but i have no idea where to start.

A little help organizing a routine would be great.

Thanks

Guy

·
Loving the injuries
1,894 Posts

·
8,552 Posts
Colt's given you good advise...Your diet is gonna be the key to your growth...You have youth on your side so now is a good time to get good eating habit's or turn around bad one's...Lifting weights is the fun part but does nothing for you without a good diet to go with it...thats where you will have to start...Here's another good read for you...

·
Loving the injuries
1,894 Posts
M8

go and have a look at the links we have sent you. Just having the odd bit of protein shake wont get you very far at all.

I have 6-7 meals a day, you prob only getting 60g of protein a day with your shakes. I have round about 300g's of protein and high carbs.

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i eat:

Breakfast: 2 toast with baked beans, 2 egg (whites only), 2 bacon (every weekday), juice

12pm: Main meal at school likely to be, meat cassarole, pasta of some sort or curry etc, water

1.30pm: Baggette, cheese, apple, water

4pm: Toast with peanut butter or similar

7pm: Main meal, pasta, pizza or similar

G

·
Exactly my weight and height at 15 i also had pretty much the same home gym.

Here is what you do.....

Every single day eat 1.5 grams protein, 2 grams carbs, 1 grams fat per pound of body weight, measure your weight every 6 weeks and add in more calories using this ratio as your body weight goes up.

Now the work out, where the bar is held for bench press twist those supports the opposite way and do squats (youtube correct squat form) do 4 sets of 20 with that.

Lying leg curl 4 sets of 15

Do flat bench press 4 sets of 15.

Lat pull downs 4 sets of 15

Deadlifts (youtube correct form) 4 sets of 10

Standing over head press 4 sets of 10

Standing barbell curls 4 sets of 10

Dumbbell tricep extensions this is where you lay flat on the bench and lower the dumbells to your ears and then straighten your arms into the air do 4 sets of 10

Sit ups 1 set as many reps as you can do.

Notes: Every rep of every exercise is done slowly so you take 2 seconds to lower the weight you hold the weight at the bottom for 1 second and then you drive it back up 1-2 seconds. The first 3 sets of every exercise are warm ups so dont push it too hard now the final set is your main set every session record how much you lift and for how many reps, next session you have to beat reps or weight used.

Do this work out every third day and dont do more than that.

·
Gym Addict
112 Posts
Con, just out of interest how tall are you now?

cos im kinda average atm, but my mum was short (5"5) and my dad is about 5"11 so im hoping i wont be too short.

Also con, when you say dont push the first 3 sets too hard, what do u mean? less weight or slower or what?

And would you suggest i get an ez bar for curls? Should i use the preacher, seeing as i have it to use?

G

·
My mum is 5ft3 and my dad was about 6ft i am 5ft8...some say i look taller but thats what the doc measured me at

First 3 sets shouldnt be so hard that you could perform a few more reps once the set is finished the final set should be that the last rep is very close to the absalute maximum amount of reps you could perform.

Nah straight bar is fine for curls and dont bother with the preacher as thats more advanced than what you need right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.