Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Protein Pancakes

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure lots of people on here have tried making their own with eggs and protein powder, if you haven't tried it yet then you sure aren't missing anything! They taste nothing like the real thing and usually end up a bit rubbery in terms of texture.

When making these, I've tried different combinations and amounts and this one is the perfect one for clean calories and as close to a pancake-like taste as you're gonna get!

Get two bowls, fill one with a full scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder (or cookies and cream, anything pancake-y). Fill the second bowl with seven egg whites.

In the bowl with the protein powder, add half a cup of honey, two tablespoons of cinnamon and half a cup of oats.

If you've got a blender, add all the ingredients from the protein powder bowl along with the egg whites and mix it really well. If you don't happen to have a blender then don't worry, just mix all the ingredients together so that the mixture is smooth and consistent throughout and there are no clumpy bits.

Then the mixture is ready, if you want them a bit thicker you can always add half a cup of cottage cheese, sounds weird I know! But it does nothing to the taste!!

Josh

Posted

Sounds great but adding that ammount of honey would worry me and its a lot of sugar.

May give them a bash. Do you use whole oats or powdered.??

Posted

Its great because its Gluten Free :thumb::thumb: :thumb:

SD

Posted

i have posted a couple of recipes for these that taste great. i like using buckwheat flour instead of oats as it gives a nutty texture and is truly gluten free.

another great one is sweet potato pancakes. bloody awesome and no need for sweetner or honey due to the sweet pot.

Posted

Sounds great but adding that ammount of honey would worry me and its a lot of sugar.

thats what i was going to say?

Suprakill4 likes this

Posted

thats what i was going to say?

Well thats because great minds think alike!

Posted

You can always use Splenda or any other sweetener but I'm personally not a huge fan of those so I always opt for honey! :)

You can just put in less honey otherwise if it's still a problem! It's defo a bulking thing, I'd never eat this on a cut, and I always use whole oats as well.

Posted

i used on a cut no probs.

1 whole egg, 8 egg whites and beat. then add buckwheat flour and beat then add pro powder and beat. 1 cal spray and make 3 pancakes. when they come out sprinkle with cinamon and splenda. also drizzle some calorie/sugar free maple or blueberry syrup.

daaaaaaaaaaam thats a good breaky

Posted

i used on a cut no probs.

1 whole egg, 8 egg whites and beat. then add buckwheat flour and beat then add pro powder and beat. 1 cal spray and make 3 pancakes. when they come out sprinkle with cinamon and splenda. also drizzle some calorie/sugar free maple or blueberry syrup.

daaaaaaaaaaam thats a good breaky

I keep meaning to get some of these sugar free syrups because it will make them pancaked you gave me the recipe for taste so much better, they can be a little dry.

Posted

egg whites, ground almonds, whey protein.....simple and perfect!