Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ernie taylor

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys many people familiar with this guy, if its who i think he is my dad used to be mates with him and hes also fought in MMA

A vid of him below (I think)

Posted

yeah ernie taylor hes competd in the olympia.Have never seen him in the flesh old school now days.He did go on to look better than that vid.

A couple of other blasts from the past for the lifers.

J.D dawoda

peter reid

eddie abbew(saw him outside a club in 98 monster)

Posted

i trained next to Ernie once, in Paragon Gym, Kingswindford in the West Mids. this was back in 2004, he had placed well at the Olympia in 2002(i think) and it was just surreal. i got talking to him and he was really open and positive- saying that he couldn't believe i wasn't competing already. cheers Ernie- you helped push me to finally do it in 2008.

Posted (edited)

i trained next to Ernie once, in Paragon Gym, Kingswindford in the West Mids. this was back in 2004, he had placed well at the Olympia in 2002(i think) and it was just surreal. i got talking to him and he was really open and positive- saying that he couldn't believe i wasn't competing already. cheers Ernie- you helped push me to finally do it in 2008.

You must know my dad then mate was that when steve p owned it?

Edited by standardflexer

Posted

I'm fairly sure I was at a same party as him in 1998

Posted

Top bloke...i like Ernie :)

Posted

yeh ET is a bit of a legend, he has his own colum in flex magazine every month !

very knowledgeable dude !!

Posted

guy use to get acused of synthol in triceps etc ! dont know if its true and dont really care if he did or didnt cause he still looks great !

Posted

Ernie still trains hard at Temple Gym!!! Wish he would put his dam weight away though :lol:

Posted

I see ernie afew times a week going into Temple..still big as fcuk

Posted

i think it was a motorbike crash that eded his bb'ing competative career

messed his arms up i heard....not sure how true though

had a chat with him at a seminar in 98.....hw was the first pro id seen in the flesh.....f'ing awesome was ET

Posted

You must know my dad then mate was that when steve parish owned it?

no mate, it was when a guy called Shaun owned it, he had bought it off his brother, who had bought it off Steve. Steve used to still come in and train occasionally though. 2004/2005. i try and drop by every year or so and say hello even though i don't get to train there. very set up for any bodybuilder tho, plenty weight/machine and good atmosphere in there,

cheers.

Posted

guy use to get acused of synthol in triceps etc ! dont know if its true and dont really care if he did or didnt cause he still looks great !

cool video....by todays standards his condition was a little off.....just the way i like it....much better imo

Posted

Really liked the fella, read his articles in Flex l think and pretty sure l saw him in a service station on the A1 once.

Pity he disappeared from the scene.

Posted

hes still a regular at teh british finals always larking about on the cnp stand when ive been

Posted

Ernie still trains hard at Temple Gym!!! Wish he would put his dam weight away though :lol:

i met him in the 90s in london. at the time i thought "fvck me his hands are huge:D" he also did a photo shoot at my mates gym and a seminar with Ian Wadley at Skyline:D

Posted

Cant remember what time frame my dad was there he was friends with steve p, miller, ernie taylor, micky ragg...

Linval Miller (sp)? yeah he was there when i was. some crazy potential, used to change so much, so quickly. never saw him compete, though i think he did.