Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

EGG WHITES AND OATMEAL

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I know this may sound a stupid question but how do you make egg whites and oats. Do you just mix it all togther and micro it?

Seems a popular breaky in the usa but it sounds vile, anyone have it?

Posted

exactly as you say mate. i dont like the way the egg whites 'set'...it's basically like eating scrambled eggs and porridge together. but there's no taste off the whites, so u can add a sweetener and it would be no problem. the consistency isn't nice imo

Posted

ive seen people add the oats to egg whites and a touch of water the bang it in the microwave. never tried it as doesnt seem very appealing. i prefer an omelete and bowl of porridge.

in america people tend to mix the eggs with grits which are a little different to oats i believe

Posted

i mix 5 whites 1 whole egg to 70 grams of oats, mix it together leave for 15 mins to thicken then put it in the frying pan and make a big 12" pancake

Posted

I think the pancakes are probably the best idea but mixing it together just seem un appealing i might give it a go at the weekend and see if i can make it nice ish

Posted

I always warm the milk up 1st, put on the oats, add 4 egg whites and stire, stick in the micro for a bit, take out and stire then throw in for a bit more and bingo...cant taste the whites, mind i do throw on fruit and the sort for taste, love it :cool:

Posted

I think the pancakes are probably the best idea but mixing it together just seem un appealing i might give it a go at the weekend and see if i can make it nice ish

I make protein pancakes EVERY day so try this -

250ml eggwhite

Put in a blender and blitzt til frothy

2/3 scoop extreme whey (pro 6 works too)

1 scoop oats

1/2 banana (optional but does make lovely and moist)

BLITZT all together

Good non stick pan (small) - lightly oil on high heat

Pour in half the batter and turn heat right down after 30 seconds and let cook gently.

When no longer liquid on the top turn over and cook other side for about a minute.

You can easy double the amounts to suit. I know u are a dab hand in the kitchen so just have a play around as they really do work a treat.

The ones I am making myself at the moment are low carb ones with ground almonds (left over from making alomond milk) and wheat bran and they are eaten meal 3 & 4 with scoop of whey and before bed with sugar free jelly lol!!!!

doylejlw likes this

Posted

BTW - these will be quite thick so if you want thinner ones just do less batter in the pan x

Posted

THANKS Tan I will give those a go

Posted

I do this, tastes amazing.!

scramble the eggs, add in some oats ( the fine oats are best) add in 2 cheese slices and let it melt then squirt in bbq sauce and mix.. give it a go :-)

Posted

I tried the eggs with oats, water, blitzed in micro then in fridge for an hour, then add chocolate whey. Tried this yesterday and it was HORRID!!! I was gipping every mouthful but i do hate eggs anyway.

The texture wasnt TOO bad but it tasted horrible.

Posted

Wish I could eat egg whites mixed with oats and raisins. Stuck eating egg whites and 200g tinned sweetcorn!