Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sunbeds for acne

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey,

I was thinking of using a sunbed for my acne. I was wondering how often a week and for a how long i should go.

Cheers.

Posted

the uv light kills the bacteria; have you tried antibiotics from your doc ?

Posted

It won't as such kill the bacteria, just temporarily. So basically it'll dry up the skin and all the oil (sebum) and kill whats there. But acne is a long term thing so sunbeds will somewhat halt it but it will still come back if the sebum gland is still being stimulated (acne).

Suggest you go to doctor mate.

Posted

I've been on every anti-biotic apart from accutane. Also i have used many creams.

Yes, i know. It also dries your skin out.

Posted

I've been on every anti-biotic apart from accutane. Also i have used many creams.

Yes, i know. It also dries your skin out.

Augmentin.

I swear by it.

Posted

Augmentin.

I swear by it.

That sounds as extreme as accutane.

Posted

Have you tried Zynert?

Did you have topical or oral treatment in the past?

Posted

That sounds as extreme as accutane.

Not at all it's an anti-biotic consistining of a form of pennicilin. Basically I take this for 1 week and come off for 3 then back on. Typically body gets used to such anti-biotics if on for a long period of time so if you cycle it then you get a much better effect. Tablets I have dosed at 625mg I take 3 per day with 4 hours spaced out between each. Results seen after about 3 days, cleared up after 5.

Posted

Not at all it's an anti-biotic consistining of a form of pennicilin. Basically I take this for 1 week and come off for 3 then back on. Typically body gets used to such anti-biotics if on for a long period of time so if you cycle it then you get a much better effect. Tablets I have dosed at 625mg I take 3 per day with 4 hours spaced out between each. Results seen after about 3 days, cleared up after 5.

Fair enough, will my doc freely prescribe it? or do i need to get it off the internet?

Posted

Fair enough, will my doc freely prescribe it? or do i need to get it off the internet?

You can ask your doc for it but doubt he will give you it lol. It personally works for me, the only thing that works for me in terms of acne, I've tried everything apart from roaccutane. You can buy it off the net, try unitedpharmacies cheap there for four quid odd a pack. should be 21 in a pack.

Posted

You can ask your doc for it but doubt he will give you it lol. It personally works for me, the only thing that works for me in terms of acne, I've tried everything apart from roaccutane. You can buy it off the net, try unitedpharmacies cheap there for four quid odd a pack. should be 21 in a pack.

Cheers buddy. I'll look into to a bit more.

Posted

I don't find sunbeds really help the acne itself, but rather darken the skin so marks and red spots are less visible.

Posted

I don't find sunbeds really help the acne itself, but rather darken the skin so marks and red spots are less visible.

I have found that the sun and UV does help my acne personally.

Posted

I have found that the sun and UV does help my acne personally.

:thumbup1:

Posted

:thumbup1:

But i don't know how long to use sunbeds for, because i don't want my skin to peal, or become really red. Or in an extreme case get skin cancer...

Posted

But i don't know how long to use sunbeds for, because i don't want my skin to peal, or become really red. Or in an extreme case get skin cancer...

Right im not going into the skin cancer but my belief is if your destined to get it you will get it. It's very hereditary.

Your skin shouldn't peal tbh unless your going on for daft amount of times, it can become red, but unlikely to become red on your body as such but more face because skin is more sensitive.

Try starting off on 6 minutes. Build it up to 10 minutes over a month or so and see how you go.

Posted

Just wondering if you use U-Pharmacies .co.uk site or their .com site?

Heard its better to use the US if you don't want your products to get held up in customs or something bizarre like that :confused1:

co.uk has been fine for me but takes like a while. But I get the stuff off my doctor now because he is a good doctor and knows that I know my body well etc and he even said to me he was puzzled that this actually worked for my skin, but never the less he pescribed it to use at my own discretion.

Im not telling anyone it's a definitive ground breaking cure. Well for me it was, but don't know about anyone else lol. Use at your own discretion.

Posted

I'll let you know how I get on once I get round to buying some..

You never know you may have solved everyones acne problems :lol:

Haha doubt it but u never know lol

Posted

I currently use sunbeds (stand up) to help my acne.

I also find it helps to a degree in terms of hiding them - I still get new spots (mainly on my back). I go for 7mins a time once a week. I dont burn or peel but I am fairly dark and even on holiday I can tan within a day or 2.

Just try it for a few weeks and see how you get on - Just keep it to once a week and start off at maybe 5mins and increase by a minute each week. They do make me feel a bit weird after (from going to heat then outside to home)

Posted

I currently use sunbeds (stand up) to help my acne.

I also find it helps to a degree in terms of hiding them - I still get new spots (mainly on my back). I go for 7mins a time once a week. I dont burn or peel but I am fairly dark and even on holiday I can tan within a day or 2.

Just try it for a few weeks and see how you get on - Just keep it to once a week and start off at maybe 5mins and increase by a minute each week. They do make me feel a bit weird after (from going to heat then outside to home)

Thanks a lot! Actually Answering my question :P