Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

job centre application forms

47 posts in this topic

Posted

i bloody hate these things they are so intimidating and off putting to people like myself.

work history, employer, position held and description of duties, reason for leaving.

ive never had a job :(

education and training, school/college/uni attended, qualificatons gained or course studied.

i never finished school and have no qualifications :(

i just dunno what to write

i wish i could just send a CV off that highlights my skills better and smooths over the rough parts, do you guys n gals think that the prospective employer would be miffed if they recieved a CV rather than the job centre application form that they requested on the advertisment?

Posted

Yes, theres a reason for wanting what they requested from you IMO.

Posted

Im currently unemployed mate, hate every minute of it so looking for work all time.

Cant stand walking into the doss hole which smells of ****,beer and sweat hint of ****e in there aswell somewhere.

just be honest mate, they cant refuse you benefits unless u have money to support your self on.

Posted (edited)

Do a form and keep a copy, everytime you have to start one of these fvcking things again all you need do is copy. Job done.

Many jobs will not take CVs anymore, people tweek them or 'expand' the truth to fit the job, I guess. I have several CVs..

Edited by Ironclad

Posted

Im currently unemployed mate, hate every minute of it so looking for work all time.

Cant stand walking into the doss hole which smells of ****,beer and sweat hint of ****e in there aswell somewhere.

just be honest mate, they cant refuse you benefits unless u have money to support your self on.

nah mate sorry i wasnt too clear, its not an application for benefit but an application form for job :)

Dan - yeah thats what i thought too

Posted

i bloody hate these things they are so intimidating and off putting to people like myself.

work history, employer, position held and description of duties, reason for leaving.

education and training, school/college/uni attended, qualificatons gained or course studied.

i wish i could just send a CV off that highlights my skills better and smooths over the rough parts, do you guys n gals think that the prospective employer would be miffed if they recieved a CV rather than the job centre application form that they requested on the advertisment?

But you can make that up, you cant make experience/qualifications up.. (you can yes but you'll get caught out :lol:)

Employers will always look at quals/experience first not the person.

Posted

unemployment is sh!t i hate it i have to sign on every week at the moment does my head in and i have to sign off and then do a rapid reclaim next week because im going on holiday for 4 days.

Posted

Do a form and keep a copy, everytime you have to start one of these fvcking again all you need do is copy. Job done.

Many jobs will not take CVs anymore, people tweek them or 'expand' the truth to fit the job, I guess. I have several CVs..

good idea, im going to do a draft on here (laptop) anyway so il just save that and use it as and when :)

as for CVs i thought thats what most people are looking for, 9 out of 10 times when ive applied for jobs theyve wanted a CV. ive also got a couple of CVs too, we were told to make a couple on this course i did last year they told us to go beyond expansion too, pretty much told us to lie on our CVs!

Posted

good idea, im going to do a draft on here (laptop) anyway so il just save that and use it as and when :)

Yep, just once. Keep it, copy it. Saves alot of sh!t.

Only thing that changes is Last Employer, and that box at the end I guess..

Posted

Employers will always look at quals/experience first not the person.

hence my problem, i do have a very small amount of working experience but no qualifications.

the way im thinking is that theyl glance over my app, see that ive got next to nothing in the two main boxes and bin it before even reading it properly

Posted

hence my problem, i do have a very small amount of working experience but no qualifications.

the way im thinking is that theyl glance over my app, see that ive got next to nothing in the two main boxes and bin it before even reading it properly

Surely you have some form of qualification mate?

Posted

well some employers specifically request to submit an application form and do not send CV so in that case you actually have to do it :/

I hate filling all those forms, but if you need to fill one, placed on JobCentrePlus website, you always can save it on your PC and next time, when they ask you to submit application form again, you just change reference number, position name and date-job done. thats what I usually do. it doesnt work if application form different :)

Posted

It's who you know, not what you know.

Posted

Surely you have some form of qualification mate?

just two but they are so **** poor they arent even worth putting on

city and guilds level 1 numeracy and level 2 literacy

i did have my food hygiene (would have been really handy for the role im applying for) but it ran out last year and i had my health and safety but i think thats also ran out

oh and an E grade in electronics at GCSE level :laugh:

Posted

i know a lot of smackheads if thatl help any?

Posted

if you have experience but do not have qualifications its bit more better than otherwise; i have bunch of diplomas still struggling to get job because of lack experience and employers like experienced ones.

other thing you can do, you always can go to do some short courses which are covered by city council if you unemployed-then youll have what to put into app form :)

Posted

Apply for college and get some qualifications in what you want.

Posted

oh thats so true

Posted

Voluntary work too. If you're unemployed you will have plenty time :)

Posted

Make a few up....i told job centre about my college history which i never finished, and they said we will put your college history down.

Make a few up dude...get asked for proof say u lost them moving house etc

looks better than not putting anything.

Posted

Just tick the box are you an immigrant, and the sub note says "please go to cash desk for your money"

suliktribal likes this

Posted

WRT - i go to college and will have an NVQ 1 in less than two months if all goes accordingly :)

fitness - i cant really do any other courses at the minute maybe in the summer though thanks for the advice

dan - im very wary of voluntary work since the last time i was partook in some i was strung along with the promise of a job only to be let down. its something i will consider though just need to find someone i can trust to work for first

w3lly - im not lying on an app, it could come back to bite me very badly, cheers though

ollie - well i have been told i look slightly middle-eastern in the past haha :P

Posted

No you do voluntary work, so that you can write it on your CV as experience, a job is a bonus.

Posted

Just tick the box are you an immigrant, and the sub note says "please go to cash desk for your money"

really? :D

Posted

No you do voluntary work, so that you can write it on your CV as experience, a job is a bonus.

obviously yes but what i am saying is the last time i did voluntary work to get something to put on my CV they filled me full of **** saying that they were going to take me on full time once my voluntary period ended, which they did not