Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

milk

54 posts in this topic

Posted

what kind of milk you guys drinking? for years ive been drinking about 3 pints of semiskimmed a day. thinking of changing to full fat for extra calories, are there anything else im missing out on the full fat?

Posted

Blue lids instead of green.

Posted

i drink skimmed 1 pt a day

Posted

The stuff with the green lid, in my tea.

Posted

I have 300ml x 3 times a day and sometimes a glass with a meal.. not bad for someone who fuking hates milk :lol:

Posted

I've just stopped drinking milk as much as I was told to cut down to see if it reduced my spots and it did. But when I do drink it,blue (full fat) is the way forward....

Posted

IIRC the fat difference between full and semi-skimmed milk is only 2%, and full milk retains more good nutrients.

Posted

has any one tried gold top stuff jersy cow once is even fattier than blue lid

Posted

Out here in E Anglia the ordinary full milk is as rich as the Channel Islands milk you pay more for in towns!

Posted

It's like drinking cream. :-(

Posted

Lovely stuff! You can smell the grass...

Posted

never tasted it my self .. my uncle drink like one liter of it a day

Posted

isnt full fat (blue top) very highi in saturated fat though? if im driniking over a litre a day?

Posted

Why drink it at all? far better sources of unprocessed protein,carbs and fat to be had

Posted (edited)

isnt full fat (blue top) very highi in saturated fat though? if im driniking over a litre a day?

So?

Recent reports said people who drink milk actually have a lower incidence of stroke and cardio-vascular disease.

And milk's a cheap and plentiful source of protein which can be drunk plain and used in all sorts of foods, and still delivered here :)

Edited by Prodiver

Posted

i drink it for extra calories. im eating 5-6 meals a day and 3-4 shakes. and in 3 of those shakes i want to use milk to bump up the calories a bit, always have used green, just wonderinfg about blue top for extra calories/

what would you suggest para?

Posted

So?

Recent reports said people who drink milk actually have a lower incidence of stroke and cardio-vascular disease.

really? i thought alot of saturated fat was a big no no. which is why olive oil is so good ( i drink this too lol) as its high in mono-unsaturates

Posted

I have full fat Lactofree. Yum.

Posted

I love milk, have recently bumped it up again. Hoping to starte rippetoe starting strength he recomends a gallon a day.

I think thats a bit much, 2 litres is enough for me. Full fat.

Posted

2 litres is about 4 pints right? whats a gallon? 4 litres?

Posted

I have 300ml x 3 times a day and sometimes a glass with a meal.. not bad for someone who fuking hates milk :lol:

I feel for you. I eat 2 egg's a day, feeling sick every time i do. You should see how i have to eat the yolk, i break it up into little pieces and swallow them with water, it's hilarious to watch cause i go all ugly in the face.

Posted

really? i thought alot of saturated fat was a big no no. which is why olive oil is so good ( i drink this too lol) as its high in mono-unsaturates

A Swedish doctor and others are gaining a lot of support for the idea that it's not saturated fat that causes atherosclerosis, but contributes to arterial plaque build-up in areas with chronic low-level imflammation caused by infections and/or toxins.

This chimes with the fact that for centuries humans have had a diet high in saturated animal fats without a high incidence of cardio-vascular disease.

Transmission of infections is greater where mobility is higher. He has had success treating CVD with antibiotics.

Find out more by Googling cholesterol.

BigDom86 likes this

Posted

2 litres is about 4 pints right? whats a gallon? 4 litres?

Yes mate just under 4 liters. Its an easy way to get calories in, handy aswel if out and about.

Aparently it has or increases igf1. I read it in a debate about rippetoes gallon recomendation.

BigDom86 likes this

Posted

i drink it for extra calories. im eating 5-6 meals a day and 3-4 shakes. and in 3 of those shakes i want to use milk to bump up the calories a bit, always have used green, just wonderinfg about blue top for extra calories/

what would you suggest para?

I use oils Dom,Hemp is my favourite but plenty of choices.Fine oats or nuts/fruit would also be a preferential alternative

BigDom86 likes this