Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ectomorph - door A or door B?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi im sure im an ectomorph, I was planning on buying some phd iso7 along with my usual protein powder. However a mate works out and said creatine will damage my liver. He said I would be better with something like boditronics mass attack. Can anyone advise?

Im slim but have

put on thickness round my biceps and pecs are defined but not that large. I dont do cardo (but im told thats a good thing for an ectomorph).

Which of the 2 products would I be best with?

Posted

wtf is door a or door b about lol?

whack some dbol mate , got nothing on creatine!

Posted (edited)

door a or b..........wtf

your mate aint got a clue.........

talk to the pro's mate, what do you want to do, increase size, strength........

hows your training? diet?

supplements you use/wanna use.....

fill us in.......

Edited by adlewar

Posted

^Why suggest steroid use to him?, you've no idea of his knowledge, training history etc....

Posted

Yeah go ahead whack some dbol..... err no. Comments like that are stupid.

Creatine probably wont do you much harm, most people cycle it for example 1 month on 1 month off too.. ISO7 is a good supplement to take but remebember.. FOOD is the key to building muscle.. whats your diet like?

Posted

Creatine wont damage your liver at all! Beer will :thumb:

Both products are good but if your an ecto then focus on eating tons of clean calories, proteins, carbs and healthy. Get in the habit of getting the food down before shakes. Also make sure you train tour legs and back hard as the gratest amount of muscle are on these bodyparts. Squats, deadlift, bench press or incline bench, barbell rows and barbell/dumbell shoulder press are the key exercises to focus on!

If you get stronger on these and eat big and clean you will put on quality mass with little bodyfat.

Posted

Disgraceful...

hackskii likes this

Posted

^Why suggest steroid use to him?, you've no idea of his knowledge, training history etc....

Uhm asking about creatine...

Door A or Door B?

....:lol: many years training i guess mate , many years:lol:

Posted

+1 on creatine being fine.

IIRC There was one case of renal failure with creatine which is often thrown about by people who did not read the detail, but the guy consumed 400g of the stuff. If you drank 10gallons of tabasco sauce, I doubt your body would be too happy about it either.

Bad advice indeed - even if you were joking.

J

hackskii likes this

Posted

Thanks for replies everyone.

Door A/B = indecision, door a creatine, door b mass attack.

Ill prob get beaten up for saying this but diet aint great im eating enough protein, but a lot of it is through shakes, im not eating any junk. Im not doing the 3 hr eat thing, simply dont have time (though heard peanut butter good choice 4 quick snack, so may try that).

Please dont shoot me down in flames, perhaps I shouldnt be on this forum. I just want to be healthier and build some muscle on my body, and was unsure of the optimum and safest choice between mass atttack and iso7

Posted

You are not an Ectomorph, you just aint eating enough dude.

All this talk of which powder to take etc etc.....forget it....waste of money......

Eat real foods mate AND protein gainers, just eat....eat eat eat!!!

No excuses, cook and take it in your bag, eat wraps with cold chicken in them, eat mc donalds of your out!!!! just eat!

hackskii likes this

Posted

Thanks for replies everyone.

Door A/B = indecision, door a creatine, door b mass attack.

Ill prob get beaten up for saying this but diet aint great im eating enough protein, but a lot of it is through shakes, im not eating any junk. Im not doing the 3 hr eat thing, simply dont have time (though heard peanut butter good choice 4 quick snack, so may try that).

Please dont shoot me down in flames, perhaps I shouldnt be on this forum. I just want to be healthier and build some muscle on my body, and was unsure of the optimum and safest choice between mass atttack and iso7

You should be on the forum mate. Everyone needs help and supplement companies and magazines have people believing that their powders are the greatest thing that will pack on muscle. Ignore these adverts and claims.

Like Magic Torch said you need to get in the habit of preparing food for the day. It is something you have to force yourself to do. I cook up loads of chicken/beef/rice and sweet potatoes on a sunday night for most of the week.

Train your body to eat more just like you train your muscle.

Good luck mate.

Posted

You are not an Ectomorph, you just aint eating enough dude.

All this talk of which powder to take etc etc.....forget it....waste of money......

Eat real foods mate AND protein gainers, just eat....eat eat eat!!!

No excuses, cook and take it in your bag, eat wraps with cold chicken in them, eat mc donalds of your out!!!! just eat!

True...he probably isn't eating enough but why would you say without any for-knowledge that he's not a ectomorph..? That comment strikes me as odd coming from a member like you...He could easily be not eating enough and a ectomorph...

Posted

90% of people who say they are an ectomorph really aren’t, they simply aren’t eating enough. I know because I do it it, thing is the truth is im not a true ectomorph, I do have hard gainer ectomorphic qualitys but im not one in the truest sence of the term.

You say you don’t have time to eat more than three times a day, sorry but MAKE TIME, if your truly an ectomorph you simply aren’t going to make gains. Im a single mum of two little boys one of whome is autistic, I hold down two jobs one of which is a highly demanding career. So between work, cooking cleaning, looking after my boys taking them to their karate etc I still have to find time to eat. The only way to do it when your busy is PLAN! PLAN! PLAN! Use a Saturday afternoon and do your cooking for the week if you have to.

It’s easy to play the bad genetic’s card and give up, simply because it’s easier to say that to admit you’ve never really tried. Sorry to be harsh but I can’t belive it’s impossible for you to eat more than 3 times a day.. and if it is then maybe you need to take a step back in your life because anyone that busy is heading for a nervous breakdown.

Posted

You should be on the forum mate. Everyone needs help and supplement companies and magazines have people believing that their powders are the greatest thing that will pack on muscle. Ignore these adverts and claims.

Like Magic Torch said you need to get in the habit of preparing food for the day. It is something you have to force yourself to do. I cook up loads of chicken/beef/rice and sweet potatoes on a sunday night for most of the week.

Train your body to eat more just like you train your muscle.

Good luck mate.

Good post. Supplement do just that, supplement a good diet.

Read through the diet section and pic up some ideas, formulate your own starting diet and post it up. You will get feedback on how to make it better. We all started somewhere mate.

Posted

Lots of good posts here.

Eat and grow.

If you want to give creatine a shot, then do it.

I liked the V12 myself and felt that did give me some extra in the tank.

Posted

Thanks for the posts everyone just a point on the whole ectomorph thing. I have done lots of research into it and im sure I am as I am same weight I was when 10 year ago and used 2 eat unreal amounts of junk everyday and never even put on a pound, however if I miss one meal I lose weight. I wasnt blaming genetics was just pointing out that that may be a factor to consider in the whole iso7 v mass attack debate.

Posted

Thanks for the posts everyone just a point on the whole ectomorph thing. I have done lots of research into it and im sure I am as I am same weight I was when 10 year ago and used 2 eat unreal amounts of junk everyday and never even put on a pound, however if I miss one meal I lose weight. I wasnt blaming genetics was just pointing out that that may be a factor to consider in the whole iso7 v mass attack debate.

Everyone is an ecto until they eat properly!

Now I am an ecto, I eat 4000+ cals to maintain my weight, I eat 5500+ cals to gain weight.....that is a lot of food buddy!

Dont get too caught up in etco, meso what ever the hell omorph you wanna be....forget all the gain weight quick shakes and the like. Trust me if there it one thing you can do to get bigger, its preparing meals and just easting!!!

Posted

Thanks for advice. Just to clear up ive done research re ectomorph. And im sure I am 1 as I am same size I was 10 year ago, used to eat junk constantly and never put on a pound, miss a meal and id lose weight. Also, I have many of the characteristics of ectomorphs. I wasnt blaming it I was pointing out that I should take that into consideration when looking at iso7 v mass attack.

Posted

Ok, wether your an ecto or not, dont ever think thats the reason your not getting bigger or cannot gain any size and anyone who tells you that is bollox.

Dont waste your time and frog-face tech or PCP or whatever sh1te pei products.

Stick to whey protein, creatine and real food, you wont need anything else for now.

Posted

Genetic's aside, regardless if you want to grow you need to find time to eat.

If you are an Ecto then it is quadruply important to find time to eat because to grow you need to eat 10 times more than anyone else.

You can spend £1000's of a year on all the best sup's in the world they aren't going to do jack if your not eating enough.

Focus on eating if you are 100% your diet is spot on then you can worry about sups till then your wasting your money.