UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Beginer anavar cycle advice (eventually with log/results/experiances)

130K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  JimBeam 
#1 ·
First of all, go easy on me - new round these parts! :)

I've been training on and off for 4/5 years and have gotten serious about it for two years now. I have never had any issues with using AAS appart from lack of information and have been researching them for about 6 months now and feel I am ready to take my research into the field so to speak :laugh:

I have decided to do an oral only anavar cycle. Right away from my research i know there will be people jumping up and down to suggest firing a bit of test along side it. I do believe what these people are saying and know it's only to help but I would prefere this thread not to get into a debate about that. There are several reasons for going for anavar and oral only. Firstly, this cycle's goal is not really that much about physically bettering my body (that will come with time), but to see how my body reacts to AAS. Also regarding not injecting, I personally don't mind but there is a stigma attached to injecting which "er indoors" would object to. When I do an oral cycle and everything is 100% things will be easier to justify down the line. Not that she really matters that much, but it just makes life easier. Anyway, that's that out of the road, onto the cycle.

I am thinking (and have ordered) the following:

Anavar 50mg ED Weeks 1-8

Proviron 25mg ED Weeks 3-8 (only if things downstairs go pear shaped)

Clomid 50mg ED Weeks 9-11

I would just be interested to hear your expert views and opinions on this, considering my goals are not to build alot of mass. I would be happy if I was to lean up a bit while on this cycle but in my opinion it will be a success if I keep feeling 100% the whole way through it.

Basically the questions I have are:

- do you think clomid is the right choice for PCT

- should I take proviron regardless of the libido condition (I was hoping to stick to anavar so that if something strange started I would know what was causing it) or will I know withing 2 weeks what sides anavar has on me and can then put everything else down to the proviron.

- I would also love to hear from anybody else who has actually ran a similar cycle, what were the sides/results like

- also is it better to bulk/cut while on this (even though I'm not expecting much either way) or does it not matter, currently cutting down a bit before I start the cycle.

Also it's it okay to name the lab that the pills are so gauge your opinion on them being legit?

Thank you in advance for any replies, I've been reading here for months and only started posting. I'll be doing my best to begin contributing to this forum as my experiance/knoweledge increases :beer:

See less See more
#2 ·
It sounds like you don't really know what you want from this cycle which is exactly how i felt when i did my course of Var, i only did it because i'd read that it was mild and would give me results.

I did an 8 week course at 50mg ED and didn't really rate it as i really wanted to put on more muscle than the Var enabled me to do. I really should have done a Dbol course as i was really wanting to put on mass but was scared as i'd read of bloating and gyno and all sorts of other horrors.

Next course i do will be either Dbol or possibly Tbol due to less water retention (so i'm told) than the Dbol. But hey, you live and learn.....

#3 ·
Hi -

Can't reply to most of your post

BUT

I have been running 50mg PC anavar for the last 4 weeks (on top of TRT dose etc so other factors in play). Like the way I'm starting to look - harder, leaner. Feel good, look forward to workouts, energised.

You WILL get the "gotta do test" posts despite saying you're not interested. :rolleyes:

You will also get the "oral variation" of "do test" which is "bang in some d'bol only as a frist cycle". :laugh:

All the best. :)

EDIT - OOPS , JUST SAW SMITCH'S POST ^^^^^^^^

#5 ·
hi im new to this site and dont no how do add my own post, sorry to add it on urs mate,

was looking to start my first cycle of Dbol in the next few weeks, i have been training for 9 yrs now and have reached the point where i will no longer grow naturally, i train 4-5 days a week.

im just looking to do only 1 cycle just to expand a little more and get that size that i cant get naturally

what internal damage will be caused with just one cycle?

also will i start losing an hair at all with one cycle?

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Smitch said:
It sounds like you don't really know what you want from this cycle which is exactly how i felt when i did my course of Var, i only did it because i'd read that it was mild and would give me results.

I did an 8 week course at 50mg ED and didn't really rate it as i really wanted to put on more muscle than the Var enabled me to do. I really should have done a Dbol course as i was really wanting to put on mass but was scared as i'd read of bloating and gyno and all sorts of other horrors.

Next course i do will be either Dbol or possibly Tbol due to less water retention (so i'm told) than the Dbol. But hey, you live and learn.....
To be honest I never want to be that massive, just bigger than your average joe and cut solid. So I reckon down the like when I do harder cycles I will still want to be taking anavar, thus me trying it out as my first cycle. I would like to say I am running this because I want to add xkg of solid muscle while triming down the fat but from my research I have been told not to expect and massive changes with anavar so I am keeping my hopes down and any changes for the better will be a bonus.

I am however looking forward to strength increases which are widley reported as although I am happy enough with my build I see skinnier guys out lifting me all the time at the gym so not sure what the story is there but it's annoying!lol

stonecoldzero said:
Hi -

Can't reply to most of your post

BUT

I have been running 50mg PC anavar for the last 4 weeks (on top of TRT dose etc so other factors in play). Like the way I'm starting to look - harder, leaner. Feel good, look forward to workouts, energised.

You WILL get the "gotta do test" posts despite saying you're not interested. :rolleyes:

You will also get the "oral variation" of "do test" which is "bang in some d'bol only as a frist cycle". :laugh:

All the best. :)
In pretty much every anavar thread on the net I have read that, however I have found that most of those comments come from people who have never tried an anavar only cycle, and the few people who have tried anavar only, and posted their results seem to look quite positive.

I'll be sure to keep a bit of a brief log to help anybody else in my situation out in future. Even if I do come to the conclusion that I should have done test!:laugh:

#7 ·
daz82 said:
hi im new to this site and dont no how do add my own post, sorry to add it on urs mate,

was looking to start my first cycle of Dbol in the next few weeks, i have been training for 9 yrs now and have reached the point where i will no longer grow naturally, i train 4-5 days a week.

im just looking to do only 1 cycle just to expand a little more and get that size that i cant get naturally

what internal damage will be caused with just one cycle?

also will i start losing an hair at all with one cycle?
:whistling: It's not rocket science to start a new thread, I figured it out in a couple of sceonds and I'm no wizz kid. At least add it to a relavent thread or even better to find a thread that your question has been previously asked. Search bar is at the top right of the home page :thumbup1:

#10 ·
Stebo said:
I want to add 5kg of solid muscle while triming down the fat but from my research I have been told not to expect and massive changes with anavar so I am keeping my hopes down and any changes for the better will be a bonus.
5kg of solid muscle is a massive change in 8 weeks, you won't gain anywhere near that off this course.

#11 ·
Stebo said:
btw, Is it that you didn't rate it due to it doing nothing, or because it didn't give the results you were looking for (mass).
Oh no, it worked. I'm more vascular now and did get strength gains and lose a bit of fat but mass wise i didn't really notice a massive difference. I'd up the dose to 80-100mg ED to get better results if i could go back and do it again.

My avatar is from before i did the course by the way. :)

#14 ·
Smitch said:
5kg of solid muscle is a massive change in 8 weeks, you won't gain anywhere near that off this course.
I know, hit of sarcasm (lowest form of wit!), I am scared to expect much as I know it won't make a huge difference and I wouldn't want to be disapointed. 80% of this cycle is just to see how I react / like AAS

mal said:
my first ever cycle was var i remember it well,though aloooooong time ago

it is very mild but I'm pretty sure i gained some muscle on it,very lean.

it is a good stepping stone into the use of aas for a beginner,enjoy it. :thumbup1:
I imagin I have a similar sort of opinion to what you had. This is my way of puting my toe in the water before jumping in.

stonecoldzero said:
Yea, I learnt alot from that thread. Bit worried about the suggestions that I should use nova for PCT. I am not that learned regarding PCT but I was under the illusion that both clomid and nova basically did the same thing, but clomid was weaker. Having read about people that didn't even bother with PCT I reckoned that clomid would be okay. Do you reckon I should invest in some nova?

#17 ·
Would also love to hear your opinions regarding proviron, there's not as much info knocking around regarding this so I'm not very sure about it. Mostly putting it is as I've a very hot missus and I like to keep her happy. :whistling:

Should I be concerned enough to consider using this? I've also heard that it hardens you up which I like the idea of, even though I would need to drop a few %bf for any hardening to become noticable!

#19 ·
Smitch said:
I wouldn't bother with proviron unless you start to feel sh1t while you're on the Var. Everyone is different, you'll probably be ok on such a low dose.
Thanks, I'll see how I go in that case then.

How powerful is it. Wouldn't want to pop a pill and then be walking round using my knob to hammer in nails for the next couple of days :laugh:

#21 ·
It looks like you have done your research on Anavar, looking at your proposed cycle my only advice would be to maybe up the dose a bit e.g 60-70mg a day.

TBH looking at the goals you have stated for this cycle though, I have to say I don't think you will achieve them.

1) You said that 80% of this cycle was aimed at seeing how you react to AAS. Suggesting that you plan to go on to bigger and better things in the future (Test, Dbol, Deca, Winstrol etc......). This anavar only cycle won't prove anything in that respect. Just because you do a fairly mildly dosed anavar only cycle and get no side effects from it does not mean that your body reacts well to AAS - it means your body reacts well to that particular compound. E.G plenty of people try Test on their 1st cycle and get very minimal side effects, then on their 2nd cycle they try Dbol and suddenly get gyno and aggressive tendencies or they try Deca and get bad acne. Thus the Test only cycle they did before only proved their reaction to Test and not to AAS in general.

2) 5kg gain of lean muscle on this cycle. I think would be close to impossible. I think if you gain half of that it should go down as a pretty successful cycle. If you do want to gain 5kg I would say do Test (I know you said you don't want people saying that but the truth hurts.........You said you have already noticed people saying it on this and other forums - its not because people are trying to bully you into doing things their way, if I thought you would achieve your goal of 5kg on Anavar only cycle I would say go for it. People say do Test because they generally have more knowledge and experience of AAS than the OP, and they realise that that is what is necessary to achieve their goals.

3) Your strength goal should be achievable though Anavar is known for reasonable strength gains without the body weight gains.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

#22 ·
The Oak 2009 said:
It looks like you have done your research on Anavar, looking at your proposed cycle my only advice would be to maybe up the dose a bit e.g 60-70mg a day.

TBH looking at the goals you have stated for this cycle though, I have to say I don't think you will achieve them.

1) You said that 80% of this cycle was aimed at seeing how you react to AAS. Suggesting that you plan to go on to bigger and better things in the future (Test, Dbol, Deca, Winstrol etc......). This anavar only cycle won't prove anything in that respect. Just because you do a fairly mildly dosed anavar only cycle and get no side effects from it does not mean that your body reacts well to AAS - it means your body reacts well to that particular compound. E.G plenty of people try Test on their 1st cycle and get very minimal side effects, then on their 2nd cycle they try Dbol and suddenly get gyno and aggressive tendencies or they try Deca and get bad acne. Thus the Test only cycle they did before only proved their reaction to Test and not to AAS in general.

2) 5kg gain of lean muscle on this cycle. I think would be close to impossible. I think if you gain half of that it should go down as a pretty successful cycle. If you do want to gain 5kg I would say do Test (I know you said you don't want people saying that but the truth hurts.........You said you have already noticed people saying it on this and other forums - its not because people are trying to bully you into doing things their way, if I thought you would achieve your goal of 5kg on Anavar only cycle I would say go for it. People say do Test because they generally have more knowledge and experience of AAS than the OP, and they realise that that is what is necessary to achieve their goals.

3) Your strength goal should be achievable though Anavar is known for reasonable strength gains without the body weight gains.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.
Thanks for your advice. Understand what you are saying regarding just because I'm fine with one compund doesn't mean I will be fine with them all. I don't ever want to get massive into steroids but do like the sound of test and anavar cycles, and decided to just go with anavar simply to try the water so to speak. There's also the ease of use with pills and my missus won't **** herself when she walks in and finds needles sticking out of me lol.

I said about the 5kg muscle in jest. I honestly won't be disapointed if I gain 1kg and tighten up a bit during this cycle. Most of the negative reviews I've read about anavar seem to be from people who were expecting too much from it.

As I've said I am going to keep using steroids hopefully, but it will be once or twice a year, therefore I want to make keepable gains, and I also am looking for refinement rather than mass and these are my reasons for going with anavar.

I'm heading away at the start of March for a couple of days and will be starting this cycle as soon as I get back. I'll take my stats then and keep a bit of a log here for anybody else interested.

It will also be an interesting comparison to my second and third cycles which will likley be stronger so we can see the difference adding test could have made (then I'll be regretting this no doubt!lol)

Would still love a bit of reasurance regarding a clomid only PCT. Should this be fine?

#23 ·
I only ran Clomid for about 14 days on and off as i went on holiday straight after my cycle and forgot to take the tablets a lot of the time. Not really the best thing to do but i didn't really get any side effects at all off the var so it probably wasn't needed that much anyway. So effectively i didn't really do a proper PCT and i was fine.

#24 ·
Smitch said:
I only ran Clomid for about 14 days on and off as i went on holiday straight after my cycle and forgot to take the tablets a lot of the time. Not really the best thing to do but i didn't really get any side effects at all off the var so it probably wasn't needed that much anyway. So effectively i didn't really do a proper PCT and i was fine.
That's reasuring :thumb:

To be honest I'm not really looking forward to the PCT and don't want to over-do it, but at the same time don't want to risk not doing anything

#25 ·
Well, my "gear" landed in superfast time (didn't expect it for another week or two) so I am basically going to start today. As I said previously I will be away, and not able to get to gym for three days at start of March but I don't think it's worth putting back my cycle just for that, and I should be able to bring enough pills with me to keep the cycle going. Plus it'll be nice to be in a bit better shape for heading away!

Took one anavar pill last night before bed just to try one and everything seems 100% appart from I didn't sleep well but hopefully that's nothing. Just about to pop my first two now, and another three before gym later.

Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

#26 ·
Day 5

I take weekends off training and played football on Friday night so haven't lifted since day one. It'll be interesting to see if I notice any differnace at the gym later.

Playing football on Friday was good - had been a long time since I've played (just so happened to be free this Friday night) and was expecting to be a bit ****. Actually felt really good and a felt alot stronger and more solid that I ever have playing before. Found myself winning more 50/50s etc and didn't really tire like I expected I would. I think alot of that was due to the eca stack I've started with maybe a bit of a placebo effect from the anavar with it being my first cycle.

I didn't warm up right before the game and have had very sore legs ever since - still painfull and think I'm going to swim instead of run after weights in gym today. Hopefully recovery won't take as long in future once the anavar kicks in.

Everything downstairs all seems to be 100% which is one of my biggest concerns.

Looking forward to this week at the gym :rockon:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.