Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Experienced in life???

115 posts in this topic

Posted

Are you 'experienced in life'?....

now i may be getting on in years and have done quite alot in life i would guess

bit of a rogue when younger....did the party drug scene for a few years...pretty street wise...travelled a fair bit...lived abroad for a while.....settled down had family etc......always had a job to pay my way....now mortgaged etc....

but there a many things in life ive never even done,so in my mind im pretty experienced in life but still learning everyday....

see i cant for 1 think that some 20 yr old is 'experienced in life' i may be wrong...but just IMO.....:)

My point is:

What do you think makes you experienced in life?

LittleChris likes this

Posted

Are you 'experienced in life'?....

now i may be getting on in years and have done quite alot in life i would guess

bit of a rogue when younger....did the party drug scene for a few years...pretty street wise...travelled a fair bit...lived abroad for a while.....settled down had family etc......always had a job to pay my way....now mortgaged etc....

but there a many things in life ive never even done,so in my mind im pretty experienced in life but still learning everyday....

see i cant for 1 think that some 20 yr old is 'experienced in life' i may be wrong...but just IMO.....:)

My point is:

What do you think makes you experienced in life?

Experiance? :lol::tongue:

Posted

I thought the same thing reading the thread that sparked this post. Great minds and all that :D

Rob68 likes this

Posted

theres 20 yr olds in afganistan,now thats an experience.

Posted

Theres 18 year olds out there mate.

Posted

hard as nails.take my hat off to them all.

Posted

hows your training going bro.

Posted

hard as nails.take my hat off to them all.

Same here, nothing but respect for our boys out there.

hows your training going bro.

Pretty good ta, 5x5 is boosting my strength nicely.

Posted

Top man.

Posted

Age doesn't always mean experienced, you could have some old bugger who's been in the same job and married to the same woman for 30 years.

I would say variety and maybe hardship brings experience.

Think it was Carl Jung that said "There is no coming to consciousness without pain."

Posted

I think experience doesn't come with age but with variety, curiosity and a little bit of caution :)

Posted

the passage of time?

Mixed with experiencing times of prosperity, times of being on the breadline, travelling and seeing different cultures. Taking on new challenges I guess

Posted

I know people in their 50's who have (imo) little life experience...i know folk in their 20's who (imo) have had loads of life experience.....

Its not just TIME that makes someone exprerienced, not just having any old experiences that make someone experienced....also the way they view that time and those experiences can make a difference.

The lessons they have learned throughout their life? personal to each of us, even two people going through the 'same' experience will view it differently and react to it differently...thus giving each a different experience...of the same situ...

I could go on, but i'll keep it for when i have had a few drinks later and then bore you all to death......pmsl

Joshua likes this

Posted

Age doesn't always mean experienced, you could have some old bugger who's been in the same job and married to the same woman for 30 years.

Think it was Carl Jung that said "There is no coming to consciousness without pain."

agreed.

you could have been doing the same thing for 30years, it makes you experienced at doing that particular thing but not neccessarily life.

Posted (edited)

Life experience is the experiences you have had in life.

You could be 50 and have had 100 memeroble experiences

You could be 20 and have had 1000 memeroble experiences.

Therefore the 20 year old would have more life experience.

Age means f*ck all.

Edited by GHS

Posted

Variety is the spice of life and would gain experience

Posted

Agree, even though you slipped in before me :D

Posted

Experiance? :lol::tongue:

Am i missing something?:confused1:

The way i see it is,many people live in different walks of life,come from many different backgrounds etc.....

wether your a family man or a young man just starting out in life...

but,whatever your status ,age doesnt give people the right to tell others about life experience IMO.....

Oh and just for the record GHS.....

YES it was sparked by your comments which IMO were bang out of order

just of late you seem to be running round the forum telling people this n that....commenting on peoples journals etc about how they should learn before using etc which is ok but done in the right way.....telling people to delete threads etc.....

big deal youve built a huge UPPER body at such a young age....

you aint the ukm`s police squad,you seem to be acting like lorians lap dog tbh....

thats the way you are coming across on the board......:)

Zara-Leoni likes this

Posted

Oh and just for the record GHS.....

YES it was sparked by your comments which IMO were bang out of order

just of late you seem to be running round the forum telling people this n that....commenting on peoples journals etc about how they should learn before using etc which is ok but done in the right way.....telling people to delete threads etc.....

big deal youve built a huge UPPER body at such a young age....

you aint the ukm`s police squad,you seem to be acting like lorians lap dog tbh....

thats the way you are coming across on the board......:)

Glad you've been a man about it.

A PM would have sufficed mate, no need for the sarcastic thread.

I'll take your comments on board though :)

Posted

I know people in their 50's who have (imo) little life experience...i know folk in their 20's who (imo) have had loads of life experience.....

Its not just TIME that makes someone exprerienced, not just having any old experiences that make someone experienced....also the way they view that time and those experiences can make a difference.

The lessons they have learned throughout their life? personal to each of us, even two people going through the 'same' experience will view it differently and react to it differently...thus giving each a different experience...of the same situ...

I could go on, but i'll keep it for when i have had a few drinks later and then bore you all to death......pmsl

agreed.

you could have been doing the same thing for 30years, it makes you experienced at doing that particular thing but not neccessarily life.

Totally agree with these 2 posts....

go have a few drinks mrs wee....:D

Posted

He is joining the Army, got to get it out of his system before he has the **** kicked out of him daily at training camp :)

Zara-Leoni likes this

Posted

He is joining the Army, got to get it out of his system before he has the **** kicked out of him daily at training camp :)

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Posted

Have to agree that experience and age aren't necessarily related. Plenty of kids out there with more life-experience than me I'm sure.

Aside to that, my (albeit limited) experience would tell me that slating GHS or anyone else in a veiled manner openly on the board is not the best approach.

GHS likes this

Posted (edited)

You get all kinds of experiences in life some good, some bad but what counts is what you learn from it. On the whole, age is an important factor but not exclusive to it as some people live life to the max whilst most just cruise along.

Edit: Ow and to be fair, GHS comes across as a decent fella so less of the nastiness.Haven't seen any alleged abusive posts, seems quite level headed for a 19 yo.

Edited by BillC
GHS likes this