UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

hardgainer success

2K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Rottee 
#1 ·
hey all i was just wondering if weve got any hard gainers on the site with good succes stories.

if so as im a hardgainer myself and finding it hard to gain much more. i started out at 10st and now weigh 12st.although im not sure what my body calculations are.

i would like to know how you gained.ie diets, cycles ect. :thumb:

#3 ·
My training partner is a hardgainer, he found that the trick to adding weight was sneaking in calories everywhere he could, he has his main meals and also snacks inbetween. He's natty at about 13 stone ish and is pretty strong. Considering he started at 9 stone and was skinny all his life i would say that is a success.

#5 ·
A51M said:
My training partner is a hardgainer, he found that the trick to adding weight was sneaking in calories everywhere he could, he has his main meals and also snacks inbetween. He's natty at about 13 stone ish and is pretty strong. Considering he started at 9 stone and was skinny all his life i would say that is a success.
What kind of things is he snacking on mate if you know??This is the route i need to take as i get my meals in but still find it very hard.

#7 ·
A51M said:
ye ive been skinny all my life an ate crap all my life. but gained 2st in 5-6 months of eating as much good food as i can.could probaly do with upping my calories but find it hard

#12 ·
essexboy said:
EVERYONE is a hard gainer.When was the last time you heard someone in the gym shout "sh!t! my muscles are growing too damn fast!"
agree with you there, one thing that annoys me is when people say "i dont train because i dont want to get too big!"

since when have you ever seen someone say, "ooops i got too big by accident"

#13 ·
im 24. up until i was 23, i was 9.2 stone @ 5'10. i ate like a horse, but ate soo much ****.... mcdonalds, burger kings, crisps, chocolate...ive a VERY physical job and a ridiculously HIGH/FAST metabolism. i didnt get taken seriously by anyone, and looked like i was gunna snap in half. i was a joke.

i turned to bodybuilding 15 months ago with help from my old dear (ex bodybuilder) and now in 15 months i went from 9.2 stone to 13.1 stone with 10% BF. my target is 16 stone lean, but im stuck now at this weight, and currently eating 5000 calories a day.

my body responded very well too good simple (but a lot of) foods, and my training is spot on.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Im a hardgainer Ive eaten large meals all my life and never gone much over 10 stone.

Could eat chocolate and cakes till it came out my ears (meaning lots of cals) and it wouldnt put anything on.

I was 9.12st when I started my diet.

I started dieting 2 weeks before I started training and put on a stone in 2 weeks I was eating every 2 hours, 9 meals a day.

Im now up to 13 stone Im at week 10 of a test cycle.

Gaining weight is not easy for me I can lose it very fast if I miss meals then I will drop weight.

I want to hit 15 stone and then see where we go from there.

#19 ·
Rottee said:
I believe its about having something in your stomach all the time. eating every 2 to 3 hours.

At night while sleeping I can lose 3 to 4lbs so eating the right thing before bed is all ways good cottage cheese is slow to be broke down.
Is this possible that you can lose 4lbs overnight? Surely that weight is just the food and fluids in your stomach from the daytime?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.