Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Changing routine...

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Looking for a new routine, but im not really sure what I want :confused1:. Im capable of making my own routines and have done for years. But im not sure what im looking for. I've been following a routine like so:

Monday - Chest

Tuesday - Arms

Wednesday - Back

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Shoulders

Saturday - Legs

Big exercises 4 sets, smaller 3 sets. Rep range 10-12 generally speaking. Can post my routine if wanted.

Anyway im very happy with my progress, I had been cutting but everythings coming together, my shoulders have popped right out, my back is widening up nicely and everythings looking nice, body fat kept quite lean, im not ripped but im quite lean.

My goals, I want to build muscle size, and maintain definition if not lose some body fat in the process, so I'll still keep the cardio. Diet I can discuss later, but routine first.

So to recap, I want to build muscle size, width and thickness but also gain strength. I am very dedicated. Cheers.

(Oh yea, reason for changing routine? yeah it's defo worked but it's been what 8-10 weeks I've been doing this for, so a change to shock the body is no doubt in order, right? I defo like my routine but it's needed.)

Edited by SK-XO

Posted

I would honestly up intensity and add more rest days but doesnt mean change the workout but if it was me then i would do either one of these

your routine but like this

monday -- chest

teusday -- rest

wednesday -- back

thursday -- rest

friday -- shoulders

saturday -- rest

sunday --- arms

monday -- legs

tuesday --- rest

then back to chest again on wednesday etc etc

or i would do/ i currently do similar to this

monday --- chest and tris (or bis wichever your preference i do bis)

tuesday -- rest

wednesday -- back and bis (again or tris )

thurday -- rest

friday -- shoulders

saturday -- rest

sunday -- legs

monday -- rest

then start again etc etc

thats what i do but with my shifts i somtimes have to have 2 days rest between workouts but tbh i find i have made better progress with the added rest:)

anabolic ant likes this

Posted

I don't really need "as" much rest. I lost my full time job, so only working at weekends, but it's nout really, until I get something sorted.

So the rest of me is quite sedentary, I mean sure if I was working every day it would be a different case, but im not. And if possible I'd go weight train at the gym every single day if I got away with it lol. Well before is what I showed you, and I got good results out of that, and there wasn't much in the way of rest. But if im taking more rest like every second day I will just do cardio every day im off tbh.

Posted

If you like the routine then just change the rep range and a few differing exercises, do 4-6

on compounds and 15 on isolation, or something like that.

I agree with Ryoken about the rest, chest arms back 3 days on trot, wheres the recovery

time? JMO

Posted

If you like the routine then just change the rep range and a few differing exercises, do 4-6

on compounds and 15 on isolation, or something like that.

I agree with Ryoken about the rest, chest arms back 3 days on trot, wheres the recovery

time? JMO

Well what about Chest monday, arms tuesday, wednesday - rest, thursday back, friday shoulders, saturday rest, sunday legs, monday, chest, tuesday rest, wednesday arms, and so on....

I haven't got that much rest in because I have quite a sendentary life atm other then the gym. I eat a lot of food though.

Well I may as welll post up my current routine then.

Monday - Chest

Flat Bench

Incline DB

Decline Bench

Flyes (incline, db's)

Tuesday - Arms

BB Curl

CG Bench

Preacher curls

Tri Pushdown

Hammer Curls + Tricep dips (superset)

Wednesday - Off

Thursday - Back

Wide Grip Pullups

Deadlift

One armed Row

Close Grip pulldown

Friday - Shoulders/Traps

Supine flyes

DB Shoulder Press

Upright Row (Bar)

Side Raises

Shrugs (Bar)

Saturday - Off

Sunday - Legs

Sqauts

Leg Extension

Leg Curl

Calf Raise

I do abs like 3 times per week as well, but didnt bother putting that in.